Rockport Sirius III & Micro Seiki 8000 comparison

Arrival of 4 Ears from Germany for Shootout in my Home. Rockport Sirius III Direct Drive Turntable with Linear Arm / Micro Seki 8000 in a unique version with an additional RX 3000 as an interia unit.
Some mods have to be done first, but the System is getting the right temperature......

checking Plate Current...

Rockport Sirius III turntable

with a Lyra

Olympos SL cartridge
connected to a modified Lamm LP2 with a special custom made SUT for it
and the Front End...

Lamm LL1 Preamp

Lamm ML3 Amps

.... now back to work ... more coming
Ag insider logo xs@2xunoear
Hello Bryceeboy and Rx8man,

Thank you both for your kind comments! Yes, they are fine turntables and I am fortunate to be able to find a way for the big Micros and the Sirius lll to find their way here. They both are fine examples of two possible turntable presentations done correctly.

Best,
Alan
Hello Lokie and Rockitman,

Thank you and I appreciate hearing frooutput of you; more to come...siriusly :-)

Best,
Alan
Hello Lewm and Geoch.

Yes, the Wilson Alexandria speakers do have an impedance dip that can be difficult to overcome at times. At one time, I did try the Lamm ML2.1 amplifiers and did not find them to be able to drive these speakers to my satisfaction; however, others have had satisfactory results with the Lamm ML2.1 speakers and the Alexandrias...please see Steve William's A'gon thread regarding his positive results with this combo in his fabulous room.

As Geoch mentioned, I am utilizing the Lamm ML 3 amplifiers. I am very pleased with how they synergistically work with these speakers; please refer to the 2011 CES reports regarding this combo ML3/Alexandria Series 2 speakers; my Alexandrias are series 1. Dealer disclosure for the Lamm Industries electronics.

Best,
Alan
Hello Thuchan,

Yes, it was a wonderful visit; I almost felt like a duoear ;-).

Great news about Sam!

Thanks again for the cartridge and I would someday love to hear more about the lineage of the blue Micro and the tonearm.

Maybe it will require two trips for me next year; one in a couple of months, then a repeat visit in the fall...a seasonal shootout...;-)...

Best,
Alan