Turntable speed accuracy

There is another thread (about the NVS table) which has a subordinate discussion about turntable speed accuracy and different methods of checking. Some suggest using the Timeline laser, others use a strobe disk.

I assume everyone agrees that speed accuracy is of utmost importance. What is the best way to verify results? What is the most speed-accurate drive method? And is speed accuracy really the most important consideration for proper turntable design or are there some compromises with certain drive types that make others still viable?
peterayer
Thank you Chris. Of course a big yes by me, but I'll have to mention the name behind of this inspiration is mr. Chris Skaloumbakas president of our audiophile club.
Dear Geoch,
pls. give a warm hello to Chris Skaloumbakas. He will remember my "Greek Membership".

best @ fun only
OK guys, now what about those overpriced dinosaurs full of glamour & macho BS ?
As you see their imposing sight can bring many faulse hopes and great expectations. For me this particular is a cheater but for some others may be the end and all of an analog source. Is it only about the money maker mind behind them ? I asure you NO! Mr Gemein is the kindest of souls among us. So, it is my estimation that we audiophiles, we just don't accept the same values or priorities in music reproduction. I regret that I had to pay such a high price and lost 15 years only to find my own priorities.
"After living with it from '96 till today, I can say that it is not to my liking."
Dear Geoch, After reading the line I have pasted above this one, I would have to say that 15 years of suffering gives you the right to criticize. Now you can get rid of the damn thing. You've given it a fair chance to impress you.
I would be glad to trade it for a Goldfinger, a SAEC WE800SX, a Centroid or even good DAC. Especially if for the SAEC WE800SX, I would be happy to also give my own WE308SX with the RG6. I don't expect for anyone to reply in this forum, (it is not possible for me to accept the challenge of safetly packing it) but I want to give you an idea of my desparation as I even can't stand to see this TT anymore in my house. I'm sure that someone could bring up the apparent modifications (in motor, PSU, symmetrical flywheel & thread) and perhaps makes it sing to his satisfaction. Others are allready love it's way of performing, but for me it was a very bitter & dissapointing experience and I have to stop here. Impress me yes. This of course is the danger of hearing it without understanding what is going on. The huge wall of sound of it's personality is endlessly throwing dust to your eyes so you can't clearly recognize it's faults.