Audio Technica AT-33PTG vs Denon 103R cartridge

Hi Folks, These are top rated carts on Vinyl Engine, and I through I would ask A-Goners. The AT is about $200 more than the 103R. Anyone have experience with the two? Is the AT worth the extra money (40% more!)

BTW, I will be using this with an MMF 5.1 table, Music Hall MM/MC Phono stage, Jolida 501 integrated tube amp, and my venerable Celestion Ditton 66 speakers.
128x128tojohndillonesq
I agree with the others, AT33PTG will be more suitable for the tonearm in question. I have a superseded AT33 PTG and it is better than stock 103R in most way, better high frequency, more detailed, articulate bass and better tracking on medium mass arms. Denon 103R is more demanding on the partnering tonearm and phonostage and I only enjoy mine after it is rebodied and upgraded with sapphire cantilever and paratrace stylus by Expert Stylus Co in UK. The upgraded 103R is a totally different thing on a heavy arm.

AT33PTG used to sell for $350 which is great bargain, the latest Mk2 has a substantial price hike but still good value IMO. Has anyone compared the mk2 to the old 33PTG?
Stanwal: The 33PTG has different (better) cantilever and stylus than the EV = better sound. Built like a Bently too.

Schubert: I understand what you mean, though IMO the AT33PTG sounds REALLY good playing anything. The 103(R) is limited to "rocking out" due to lack of finesse