Vintage DD turntables. Are we living dangerously?

I have just acquired a 32 year old JVC/Victor TT-101 DD turntable after having its lesser brother, the TT-81 for the last year.
TT-101
This is one of the great DD designs made at a time when the giant Japanese electronics companies like Technics, Denon, JVC/Victor and Pioneer could pour millions of dollars into 'flagship' models to 'enhance' their lower range models which often sold in the millions.
Because of their complexity however.......if they malfunction.....parts are 'unobtanium'....and they often cannot be repaired.
128x128halcro
In relation to any of the mats discussed I must add a caveat......
I have only used them with a heavy record weight which I think is essential.
I haven't even bothered doing any serious listening without one...so I could be found guilty of 'unscientific' or even 'nonobjective' evaluation......😫
As far as the benefits of the IEC socket, I have three:
1. Cleaner power to the turntable provided by a well designed and shielded pc.
2. A much better ground for the table and if you are plugging it into the same power conditioner as your phono-pre and other components you will have it on a single ground plane.
3. Less transmission of electro-magnetic noise into the air right near highly sensitive receivers such as your cartridge and phono-cable. This is due to both the better ground and the shielded cable.

I hear less noise - especially less 60 cycle hum. YMMV

Gary
As far as the mat goes. I have two needs: I want to deaden the ringing of the platter sufficiently, and I want to absorb the vibrations of the record without deadening the sound. Bad vibes and good vibes. That is why I am using a sandwich of lead to dampen the platter and the Achromat which is made of a foamed vinyl that can absorb the excess vibrations but is hard and smooth.

I also use a very thin (1mm) disk of rubber that is about half the diameter of the record label,with a center hole for the spindle, over the achromat. Combined with the Merrill clamp it forces the whole playable area of the record against the mat. This prevents slipping and chatter and helps the mat to do its job.

Perhaps I would be better off with the lead mat mated to a leather mat. I wouldn't want the record touching the aluminum platter or not being evenly supported. So the combined mat would need to be thick enough.
Gary
I hear less noise - especially less 60 cycle hum.

That's exactly what I wanted to hear from you, Aigenga. Thanks.
Regarding ringing of the platter, be sure that on the underside of the platter resides the OEM rubber ring like "mat"

Over time the bonding can loosen and the damping rubber ring will come lose, without this material the platter is better suited to announce the second coming.