Vintage DD turntables. Are we living dangerously?

I have just acquired a 32 year old JVC/Victor TT-101 DD turntable after having its lesser brother, the TT-81 for the last year.
TT-101
This is one of the great DD designs made at a time when the giant Japanese electronics companies like Technics, Denon, JVC/Victor and Pioneer could pour millions of dollars into 'flagship' models to 'enhance' their lower range models which often sold in the millions.
Because of their complexity however.......if they malfunction.....parts are 'unobtanium'....and they often cannot be repaired.
128x128halcro
Today its freezing and raining and gray outside. I took the opportunity to re-mount the now nude TT101 back into its heavily re-enforced plinth. Lo and behold, it still works. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
Four days and the TT101 is still running reliably in the nude, back in its QL10 plinth. I realize no one gives a damn but me, but I just thought Halco would appreciate my keeping his thread alive.

I am convinced that the bottom canister cover, now discarded, was putting some stress on the wiring harnesses, such that an existing marginal solder joint or cracked wire was pushing or pulling so as to cause an intermittent circuit issue. I really don't care to find it (only because I and Bill Thalmann have already spent so much time looking for it with no luck), if things continue to go well.
03-04-15: Lewm
Four days and the TT101 is still running reliably in the nude, back in its QL10 plinth. I realize no one gives a damn but me....

I care Lewm :^)

The question I have of you, is if you had to put money on it right now. Which do you think will end up being more reliable. This turntable or your Alfa Romeo project ?
Lewm pls disregard my Alfa question.
Aside from listening to music, and being a music lover my interest in my summer ride and cars is equal if not more than my passion for the gear part of this hobby. But this is not the forum for it. sorry
Lewm,

I've taken off, and put back on, that bottom cover more times than I care to remember. But the most memorable thing about that experience is just how tight the fit is in there, especially the power cord. So, even though it didn't cross my mind that that could be the source of your problem, it wouldn't surprise me if it was.

At any rate, looking forward to hearing your impressions of the table.