Vintage DD turntables. Are we living dangerously?

I have just acquired a 32 year old JVC/Victor TT-101 DD turntable after having its lesser brother, the TT-81 for the last year.
TT-101
This is one of the great DD designs made at a time when the giant Japanese electronics companies like Technics, Denon, JVC/Victor and Pioneer could pour millions of dollars into 'flagship' models to 'enhance' their lower range models which often sold in the millions.
Because of their complexity however.......if they malfunction.....parts are 'unobtanium'....and they often cannot be repaired.
128x128halcro
Kenwood´s platter in partly "suspended" like Clearaudio´s. Actually it´s not floating and the spindle maintain contact with the trust pad. But the maglev takes platter´s weight in some extent and the force exerted on the spindle and trust pad is less. Does the maglev take the most or a great part of platter´s weight is another thing. Anyway, maglev in general provides some kind of benefit in sound quality. In my system it´s a serious improvement.
Peter, THAT is so cool I am going to ask PBN if they can mount my DP80 in their plinth. A two-armed version would do nicely.
Lewm

Certainly, we working on three of them, DP80, right now along with a DP75 two DP6000, one DP2000 and none less than 8 each DP3000. Let me know as soon as you are ready. On the Vintage Direct platform we can accommodate up to two arms, 12", 9" or one of each its basically up to you.

The rebuild includes a complete overhaul of the servo controller cards, a complete new power supply, including a new transformer, power filter etc.

Good Listening

Peter
Pbn, My unit has been completely refurbished electronically. Even the very rare IC that runs everything has been replaced. (I found a source in Hong Kong.) However, we did not make an attempt to "upgrade" anything, except probably the diodes. It still has original transformer, etc. Can you go into more detail on how you "overhaul" the servo controller? (Sounds like you've been watching Chip Foose restore old cars.) Or should I contact you privately? (I tried to send an email to your website last night but could not find a way to do it.)