Vintage DD turntables. Are we living dangerously?

I have just acquired a 32 year old JVC/Victor TT-101 DD turntable after having its lesser brother, the TT-81 for the last year.
TT-101
This is one of the great DD designs made at a time when the giant Japanese electronics companies like Technics, Denon, JVC/Victor and Pioneer could pour millions of dollars into 'flagship' models to 'enhance' their lower range models which often sold in the millions.
Because of their complexity however.......if they malfunction.....parts are 'unobtanium'....and they often cannot be repaired.
128x128halcro
Dear Hiho, Thanks for your contribution and explanation.
As I or 'we' (Lew included) thought there are at least two
Dual motors: 701 and 721. Lew suggested to use the Dual motor for his
Lenco. I have no idea what to do with my specimen.
Your contribution was primarily directed to the Goldmund
Studio problem. We thought that if this motor is something
very special some other applications would be interesting.
Dreaming and speculating are to my mind very similar.
However I am not sure that this 'ammunition' will convince
Lew to participate in 'some' international collaboration.

Kind regards,

There appears to be some confusions regarding Dual motors. Maybe I am the one who is confused... Let's answer each question one at a time.

Nandric: "As I or 'we' (Lew included) thought there are at least two
Dual motors: 701 and 721....... Lew suggested to use the Dual motor for his Lenco. I have no idea what to do with my specimen."

Yes, there are two Dual direct-drive motors. EDS-1000 from 701 and EDS-1000-2 from 721. 701 uses a heavier platter and 721 uses a lighter platter.

From what I read and if I understand Lew correctly, he wants to use the EDS-5000 motor from the CS-5000 belt-drive turntable and apply that to his Lenco, which is doable, and it has nothing to do with the 701/721 motors. I don't see how you can use the EDS-1000 and EDS-1000-2 motors for the Lenco since the Lenco is an idler drive design and the 701 & 721 are direct drive. I don't know what "specimen" you have or what exactly you are trying to do. Please elaborate.

"Your contribution was primarily directed to the Goldmund Studio problem."

The earlier question(s) was directed at the Goldmund issue so I answered accordingly. I must add that I would only repair the Goldmund using the Dual motor if the Goldmund platter would fit over the Dual motor with no or very minor machining. Otherwise, your Goldmund is not a Goldmund anymore and you're better off just transplanting the Dual motor onto a custom plinth and make it a stand alone arm-less direct drive turntable.

"We thought that if this motor is something very special some other applications would be interesting."

The EDS-1000 and EDS-1000-2 motors are, indeed, very special and is great for making your own direct drive turntable.

Here is a gallery of pictures of a 701 and its innards.

Have fun!

_______
Dear Hiho, Thanks again for your explanation as well for
your patience with the ignorant. As I already stated my hope was based on Lew because he seems to like to mess with all kinds of TT's in his garage(?). I also stated to have no idea what to with the Dual motor on my own. So it is not easy for me to 'elaborate' on this sade state of affair. However I am 100% sure that Lew is very inquisitive
so who knows?

Kind regards,
"As I already stated my hope was based on Lew because he seems to like to mess with all kinds of TT's in his garage(?)."

He sounds like my kind of guy! :)

The inquisitive mind is a wonderful thing.

_______
I just purchased a Micro Seiki Cu180 platter mat for my TT-101 which sounds wonderful.
Cu180
As it weighs 1.8Kg however.....and the Victor 101 motor is not as high torque as the SP10/II or III.....I'm a little worried as to possible damage to the motor and/or bearing?
The motor of the 101 has a 'brake' stop function which stops the platter beautifully and almost instantly when it has its standard rubber mat plus record.
However it is not a 'dead-stop' as I believe the SP10 has and now with the added weight of the Cu180.....the platter continues to spin after the stop button is pressed.
Could this potentially harm the motor?