Good sub $100 cartridge for Thorens TD 160

Good cheap cartridge for thorens 160 w thorens arm..
(Say 50-100 bucks)
Thanks
R
128x128britishmuzik
Dear Britishmuzik: If you can stretch a little this one is IMHO a " hell " of cartridge and to beat it you have to spend maybe 2K+:

http://www.lpgear.com/product/LPGAT95SA.html

Regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.
Agree with Raul. You can do even better with a AT120e with an ATN140LC stylus which is a nude shibata for the same amount or less if you get a used at120e.
Dear Rotarius: I assume that you own or heard " face to face " the 95SA against that 120/140LC. This one combination in new condition set you back only 200.00.

Do you think that its quality level could justify its price against the 95SA quality level?. Thank you in advance.

Regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.
Hi Raul, not direct A/B comparison since I did not own them at the same time. I would say the detail retrieval of 120/140LC is superior. A bit brighter & clearer presentation than AT95SA. As for price, turntableneedles offers the option of upgrading the 120e cart with the 140LC stylus minus the 120e needle for around $150 or one can get an earlier gen 120e on ebay like me for 20 bucks and get the stylus. Heck, I won a new 140lc stylus on ebay for 50 bucks but it got lost in shipping!!