Why are modern arms so ugly?

OK.......you're going to say it's subjective and you really looove the look of modern tonearms?
But the great tonearms of the Golden Age are genuinely beautiful in the way that most Ferraris are generally agreed to be beautiful.
Look at the Fidelity Research FR-64s and FR-66s? Look at the SAEC 308 series and the SAEC 407/23? Look at the Micro Seiki MA-505? Even the still audacious Dynavector DV-505/507?
But as an architect who's lifetime has revolved around aesthetics.......I am genuinely offended by the design of most modern arms. And don't give me the old chestnut....'Form follows Function' as a rational for ugliness. These current 'monsters' will never become 'Classics' no matter how many 'rave reviews' they might temporarily assemble.
128x128halcro
Dear Nandric, it was rather an Austrian with a terrible austrian-styrian accent ... even better in the 1st sequel ...
Peace on earth - and within the ECC...
Cheers,
D.
Dear Daniel, I am sorry for my 'blunder' but I am only familiar with the Salzburger accent. Spend there two years.
Lucky me you are not questioning my comparison between the Serbian and the German warriors.So Geoch got a double warning.

Kind regards,
Dear Nandric, as stated before ... peace inside the ECC ...;-) ....- times are rough enough right now ..... especially for Greece.
I enjoyed my holidays on the south coast of Crete for years and have learned to love and respect the people there.
Even if the Cretans see themselves a bit different from the rest of Greece.
After all - this is the birthplace of all what we now call western culture.
Kind regards,
D.

Dear Serbian warrior, beware not to rip your tights on your crusade to hi jack every thread with your pusillanimous ego.
I'm not interesting to follow your handicapped personality with your superiority complex. If you have a cultural problem with me, you'll better keep to jack off with your equal warriors. I'm not gonna be a part of this pathetic attitude of yours any time you need a slap to wake up from your jingoist nightmare. If the Pluto, Goldfinger, Colibri, etc were out of your reach, this is not my problem. Step back and let us find a way in our own interest, that is AUDIO! and not the primitive immaturity of your rotten value system. This is the last time that I become involved with your case.
Dear Daniel, You may be an expert in Austrian accents but
you are obviously not good informed about Serbian-Greek
realtionship. Those are the best and the only friends on the Balkan.

Cheers,