Is it just me?

Why is it that I can listen to a recording and be moved to tears on one day and other times I can listen to the same recording on the same equipment in the same room and not be as involved?
Does anyone else experience this?
Is it the humidity, barometric pressure...what?
mlman
The emotion in music isn't controlled by power conditioning. It is conveyed through the musician and our state of mind at that moment. Otherwise, we could only be moved as such at a live performance. I've experienced it at various quality levels of reproduction- one such time was in my car in the 70s with an 8 track tape. Try as I might, that moment of feeling never happened again with that same song- even today with the vinyl version playing on my hifi; but I still remember that moment nearly 40 years later.
Tony, didn't mean to suggest that my post was the only possible interpretation of the OP. But, I know exactly the kind of experiences you relate to. In fact I think we all do...enough so that I imagined Mlman probably understood that as well and, likely as not, was originally prompted to post b/c he was wondering if there was some sort of technical reason for what he was experiencing within the context of his own system...of course, I could be wrong on my presumption...Mlman??
Point taken. My system can give me goosebumps now and then which I think is related to quality of reproduction but the emotional connection is all about the musician, I think.
Another overlooked factor is the quality of your system's electric supply. Generally speaking, a system will sound better during low grid demand hours (late evenings) and worse during high grid demand hours ( daytime weekdays).
High temperatures can also decrease a system's sonic performance due to the extra demands on the grid from home and business air conditioning usage. All of the home and business electrical equipment connected to your neighborhood's electrical grid and any noise this equipment introduces, between the power generating plant and your home, does nothing but degrades the quality, and can even fluctuate the quantity, of the electricity supplied to your audio/video equipment.

I notice my system sounds best later in the evening when the weather is temperate. This is not meant to discount the other factors already mentioned thus far.

Tim