One of my closest friends is gone.

Brooks Berdan died yesterday. I loved him like a brother. He was a legend in audio. I believe no man knew more about analog and turntables than Brooks. He was a kind, considerate and compassionate man. My heart goes out to Sheila, Brian and Jennifer. I will miss him.
narrod
About eight years ago Brooks rebuilt and modded an Oracle Delphi mk2 table for me. An Audiogon member referred him to me. Today I saw another Oracle turntable here on Audigon that I wanted to buy. I Googled Brook's website to get his phone number to ask if he could set the table up for me and mount a new arm and cartridge. As I started to poke around on his site, I noticed a section that had a memorial to Brooks. I didn't know that he'd passed away. I was really saddened to hear of his passing. I searched the Audiogon archives for his name because I was sure someone here had to have posted the news of his passing....and I found this thread. I did not know Brooks, but he was a really cool guy when I went to his shop for my Oracle rebuild.

R.I.P. Brooks.
Mitch4t,

His son Brian can set up the table. He set up my table when Brooks was still with us.
I too have known Brooksie as I called him for around 20 years. WE also had motor cycles and HD tv as hobbies/ as well as cars.
I think 1/2 of the stuff in my house came from Monrovia.

I just have a hard time wraping myself around his passing. I know he was much younger than I am.
I too remember reading the Stereophile article wherein he had come up with a series of improvements to a table the designer hadn't thought of.
AND: I hope Tom is still there.(Fixing components)
I just know Brian a tiny bit. He has been out to my place to deliver Wilsons a couple of times.and just being the younger new guy well------------
Of all the audio guys I have come in contact with there was none better/more friendly/more knowledgable----Shame only the good guys die younger than me.