One of my closest friends is gone.

Brooks Berdan died yesterday. I loved him like a brother. He was a legend in audio. I believe no man knew more about analog and turntables than Brooks. He was a kind, considerate and compassionate man. My heart goes out to Sheila, Brian and Jennifer. I will miss him.
narrod
I will miss Brooks alot. He was one of my best friends. He always gave honest advice about this hobby, something which is quite rare. Once I realized that I only bought from Brooks.
Brooks had lots of friends and my circle of friends has expanded greatly from knowing Brooks, including you. I hope you and your family are well.
My condolences go out to Brian, his wife Jennifer, and his son Griffin. My condolences also go out to Brooks' daughter Jennifer and to his wife Shelia.
Brooks was a special guy; he made eveybody feel comfortable. Brooks truly cared about people and wanted the best for everybody.
Thank you Wendell for starting this topic. The industry and hobby has lost a great man. Terry
About eight years ago Brooks rebuilt and modded an Oracle Delphi mk2 table for me. An Audiogon member referred him to me. Today I saw another Oracle turntable here on Audigon that I wanted to buy. I Googled Brook's website to get his phone number to ask if he could set the table up for me and mount a new arm and cartridge. As I started to poke around on his site, I noticed a section that had a memorial to Brooks. I didn't know that he'd passed away. I was really saddened to hear of his passing. I searched the Audiogon archives for his name because I was sure someone here had to have posted the news of his passing....and I found this thread. I did not know Brooks, but he was a really cool guy when I went to his shop for my Oracle rebuild.

R.I.P. Brooks.
Mitch4t,

His son Brian can set up the table. He set up my table when Brooks was still with us.
I too have known Brooksie as I called him for around 20 years. WE also had motor cycles and HD tv as hobbies/ as well as cars.
I think 1/2 of the stuff in my house came from Monrovia.

I just have a hard time wraping myself around his passing. I know he was much younger than I am.
I too remember reading the Stereophile article wherein he had come up with a series of improvements to a table the designer hadn't thought of.
AND: I hope Tom is still there.(Fixing components)
I just know Brian a tiny bit. He has been out to my place to deliver Wilsons a couple of times.and just being the younger new guy well------------
Of all the audio guys I have come in contact with there was none better/more friendly/more knowledgable----Shame only the good guys die younger than me.