Best TT for the buck?

Hello everyone, This is my first post on the website as i have just become a member. I am fairly new to hifi audio and want to get a turntable. I want the audio quality to be very good, considering my price range that is and i am not opposed at all to going the used route and may even prefer it. My budget will be no more that 600 and trying to keep that to 500. All opinions are appreciated!
Thanks for any advice or help in advance. Ive already lost several hours on the website. its very addictive
hiphopapotomas
I would go with the Pro-ject Debut III. You should be able to get it delivered for around $350 from NeedleDoctor. No worries; just take it out of the box, take out 2 transport screws, put on the belt, put on the counterweight and adjust, attach the anti-skate weight, put on the platter and mat, and finally put on a record and enjoy.

It's really that easy. It takes less than 5 minutes.

PMB
Ive heard bad things from people about the debut III and i am trying to avoid it. For one it has no VTA and has a good bit of wow and flutter. I recently found an oracle alexandria for around 500 bucks but the clamp is broken. does this sound like a good deal?
I haven't had an issue, but if you wish to avoid the Pro-Ject deck, you can look to a recommendation from someone with a little different experience.

In any case, my preference on a tight budget is to avoid used. Others may have different opinions, but I prefer to have a warranty and the ability to return if I can't afford to duplicate the purchase. I bought my Debut III because I wasn't sure I would like vinyl. Had I known, I would have waited and bought something a lot better. I'm actually enjoying the tt, and don't really feel like I am missing out until I decide what tt/arm/cart combo I will end up with in the $5K range.

It sounds like you are bent on used gear, which is fine, but I wouldn't want to buy used gear unless it is in perfect working order and is from a reputable seller here on the 'Gon.

Looks like there is a Moth in your price range:
http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?anlgtabl&1307576484&/Moth-Alamo

SOTA Moonbeam II is also pretty close to your budget. Happy listening.

PMB
Thanks for all the help guys. This really is a great community. I'll be sure to let y'all know what I get.