A Copernican View of the Turntable System

Once again this site rejects my long posting so I need to post it via this link to my 'Systems' page
HERE
128x128halcro
Halcro, your da vinci link reminded me of this thread.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=97522.0

Would be nice to have this guys freind as a friend.

Brad
The Reed tonearm was an incredible bargain, even on this side of the pond, when it was first introduced. Then they evidently realized that based on performance it was under-priced. That, and also foreign distributors and their need for a separate profit margin entered the picture.

Just looking at the Da Vinci turntable cum armpods, I can understand why J Valin and M Fremer are big fans. Neither of them ever met a gilded lily he did not love. The more pompous, the better it must sound.
What are your thought's on a pod utilizing a cantilevered pivoting arm board ?

Contimplating this myself the arm board would be robust using select material which easily configured to facilitate tone arms with multi point mounting base or single hole mount with free space under the board for a heavy fasening nut found with some tone arms.

Further thoughts using a heavy pod, hitting the target for pivot to spindle set up must be frustrating nudging that heavy pod fractions of a mm.

Just my thoughts of the virtues of a pivoting arm board.
Thanks for that link Brad,
I saw it last week but could not remember where?
You're right......very fine machining work although I'd be hesitant about doing a platter? This requires dynamic balancing to very fine tolerances.... you don't want a heavy 'rocking' platter eccentrically loading the spindle and motor?!.....not to mention rocking the vinyl :-(
Yes Lew......some of the armpods are exotic indeed!
I suppose when they're attached to turntables that are priced in the mega-dollar region, the manufacturers can afford to splurge?
What we are looking for here......are alternatives to the 'expensive' armpod?
Are there any?