Best Record Cleaning Process on a Loricraft

Hi all, I'm looking for advice on record cleaning fluids/proceedure for use on a Loricraft PRC-3. Have used up the L'Art du Son fluid which came with the machine. I've been reasonably happy with the results but suspect there are better fluids and routines to use. I've been doing a simple one fluid application process where I apply the fluid, brush it in and then remove fluid with the Loricraft arm and thread.

I'm willing to add a step or two to this, but not willing to spend 20 minutes a side. Most of my records are purchased new.
fbhifi
If you are not using steam, you are not getting 'clean' records. Everything mentioned helps but will not add the real benefit of using steam, as the first or last step.
Buconero,
What kind of water do you use when steaming and could you describe your steaming process. I curious to give it a try. Thanks.
I've been using the AIVS 3 step formula with an extra water rinse, applied with Last brushes, on all of my initial cleanings for both new and used. All on a Nitty-Gritty RCM. I also de-stat with an Iconoclast from Mapleshade. After that I use the #6 1 step for subsequent cleanings.

This system is very effective, although not without its faults. It's time consuming - generally takes me 20 minutes to do the initial cleaning and of course it doesn't eliminate all surface noises.

I'm also interested in steam processes, if anyone could share experience/methods on that. Or, if anyone uses the ultrasonic cleaner that is out there.
FBhifi,
I have used the #6 One Step Cleaner "Of old", gotten from Osage Audio about 6-8 months ago. The newest #6 is said to be even better, now that Jim Pendelton has come across a better specific component in the cleaner. I could be wrong, but I believe that component to be an enzyme(s), the same used in #15 Pre-Cleaner.

How did I like the #6 One Step? It is very good. If I was goinG to select a sole one step cleaner, this would be my personal choice.

Does the multi-step process give better results, better fidelity than a one step? IMO, and probably everyone else's opinion, including the maker of these products, in one word, yes!

As I understand, it is said to be difficult to incorporate all the needed ingredients within a sole cleaner, that will properly act upon all the various contaminants that can be found on records. That the Specific cleaners have a better ability to combat those contaminants.

I'm sure it's the sole reason that another man such as Lloyd Walker has also chosen a multi-step cleaning process to be deemed superior to a single step process, when he invented-made-marketed his Prelude Cleaning System.

As all know, the downside is additonal time needed. To many, time is one of the investments to achieve uncompromising fidelity of playback. The variance, is not all audiophiles have the same needs, the same pocketbooks, so many of us can only do the best we can within our means.

I feel I chose to participate in the former camp, to the best of my abilities. I could not afford the uber expensive Loricrafts-Monks, but I am getting very satisfying, and superb results with my VPI 16.5 RCM, and the AIVS Multi-Step Cleaners, and Pure Water Rinse. Mark
A Loricraft PRC 4 Dlx replaced a 3 yr old VPI 16.5. While the more expensive PRC, IMHO, is a major improvement on the VPI, I suspect my cleaning results are still sub optimal in the absence of an enzyme in my cleaning regimen. Have just ordered an enzyme cleaner from Osage Audio. Will probably use this as the first part of a 3 step process in conjunction with the L Art du Son and distilled water. Would be happy to hear from Agoners who are satisfied with a L Art du Son based cleaning regime.
Cheers