SME V and Te Kaitora Rua

Looking for advice from those who have this (or similar) combination. Would appreciate your thoughts on whether or not I would have to concern myself with tonearm damping. Thanks!
mikesmith
I had a SME V with Dyna XX2m1 and later on XX2m2. Both sounded beter with silicon damping. The sound is more controlled, with less stray noises and quieter between notes.

Even when I moved on from SME V to Basis Vector 4, silicon damping did bring a more precise sound which I prefer. By precise i mean no stray ringing or artificial notes extension caused by vibrations and resonance.
Dear Mikesmith: I use the V/IV with the XV-1 cartridge with good quality performance.

As contrary with an unipivot tonearm that always needs damping the SME V non unipivot design does not necessary needs.

After a precise cartridge/tonearm set up ( VTA/SRA/overhang/load impedance and the like. ) and after some hours of playback you can begin to try with different damping " levels " and decide in your system which damping level you need if any.

Regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.
Had the SMEV/TKR for a while. Cartridge is good matching with the arm. For sure not the best combination of the world but one of the best cartridges for SME.

Cheers,
Marco
Currently running an SME V/TKR/SME 10.................no complaints. Happy new year