Anyone tried Soundsmith VPI Zephyr MI Cartridge

Has anyone tried or heard the Soundsmith VPI Zephyr MI Cartridge yet? I was just wondering how promising it really is. I am truly happy with my Dynavector D17 Karat Mk II and don't really think a cartridge that is the same price will bring me anything astonishing. I am curious since it is made with the VPI JMW arm in mind, I am using the Classic.
128x128krell1
Macdadtexas, I have the Classic also and have a Dynavector XX but was contimplating the Grado Reference 1. Why are you keeping the Grado and the Zephyr? I would be very interested in your opinion of the Grado Reference 1? Since I wasn't sure the Grado would be for me, I was thinking of the Sonata 1 so I wouldn't loose to much. Thanks for any help.
the Zephyr is fully broken in now,and it's the proverbial giant killer. For a $1000 it's best cartridge I have used on this table. Bests the Grado Statement Ref 1, the Lyra Helikon, not quite the XVS-1, but not too far away.

Great cartridge, won't be buying a new one anytime soon.
I share Macdadtexas' enthusiasm for this cartridge--it's an outstanding value. I also own a VPI Classic.
Thanks Macdadtexas and Bsme85... based on what Soundsmith and VPI had to say about the Zephyr, I assumed it and the Classic would work nicely together. Any more details about your experience? What type of music do you listen to? Low level detail? Overall tonal balance? Tracking ability? Apparent surface noise on less-than-perfect records? What do you like best (or least)? Etc?

If my bank account makes it through the holidays basically intact, I'll be cartridge shopping for my Classic next month.
Tracks, perfectly (although my experience is that any cartridge if not damaged, will track well if set up correctly, and I used the excellent MintLP protractor for this set up).

Low level detail is excellent, not quite the Ortofon A-90 (which is now my ref for all cartridges after hearing it recently), but it is excellent.

Tons of bass slam, and speed. (I have read reviews, while glowing which call the Classic a bit on the lean, and not warm side, but I have not found that to be the case, especially with this cartridge). My test track for Bass is always "So Lonley" by the Police. Both Sting's Bass, and Stewart Copeland's kick drum are in the room with you on with this set up. I'm very happy with it.

The highs are sublime and not rolled off at all. Clear, with a seamingly limitless ceiling. Great match for my Cary/Maggies combo.

I listen to a lot of Rock (from the Beatles to Arcade Fire and Widespread Panic), Classic Rock (Journey, the Police, AC/DC), Hard Rock/Metal (Led Zep, Mettalica, Black Sabbath), Vocal Jazz (tons of Ella, Billie Holiday, Frank Sinatra), instrumental Jazz (love Chet Baker, Dave Brubek), and some orchestral.