SME 312S versus SME V-12

These are SME's two 12" arms. The difference is that the 312S has a detachable headshell for azimuth/cartridge swapping and static VTF while the V-12 has a fixed headshell/continuous arm tube and dynamic VTF.

Has anyone heard and compared these arms to each other? I just retested static versus dynamic VTF on my SME V arm and prefer the dynamic, so that may answer my question, but I'm curious to read what others think of these two arms as I've never heard them. Thanks.
peterayer
Hi Albert,

Yes, I bought the CU-180 mat that I sended you pictures to authentify it. I'm 99.9% sure it's a real one. It also comes with its original box, used like a box that's been around for several years. Plus, the CU-180 has it's small Japanese sticker on it that the fake one hasn't and it's slightly used like any normal CU-180 that have been around but well cared. And the sound... wow! What an improvement.

Regarding the SME 312S. The men who will want to counterfeit these pieces of industrial art will need to wake up pretty soon to do it. I never had in my hand such a Ferrari designed tonearm. Amazing...

Actually, no information can make me think that I had a fake product from 2juki. I'm not arguing that he hasn't sold any counterfeit material, I'm just telling my good experience with that seller.

Sébastien
Halcro, that's interesting about 2juki. A yeaar ago I bought a supposedly NOS Orsonics headshell from him that doesn't fit any of my cartridges without a shim and has a misaligned metal bayonet. From your account, I suspect that it must have been a copy rather than the real thing. I never complained about it because it wasn't too expensive and I figured wasn't worth the hassle of sending it back.
Quite strange guys. I took a look at 2juki's feedback today. He has 5623 feedbacks. 99.8% are positives and on the 4 negatives ones from the last 12 months, nothing mentionned counterfeit item. Did you guys bought via eBay or directly?

Sébastien
The local distributor for Benz cartridges here checked out 2juki's offers recently. They were genuine, came from a friendly asian distributor who wanted to quit stock. I think this is his main business, opportunistic buying up of unwanted or surplus stock and on selling.
The reason 2Juki has little negative feedback I believe.......is because he will refund the payment for any item which is returned (smart commercial operator).
The majority of buyers for counterfeit articles have no idea they have a 'copy'?