Does EAR324 phono stage sound like tubes ?

i like the idea of being able to adjust the loadings of the phono stage... but does ear 324 sound anything close to being tubes ?
anyone who has would appreciate it- also considering the 834p or 88pb but the tube swapping is a bit hassle for finding good nos tubes...
the different load settings seems a good idea.
thanks !
nolitan
Compared to tube phono stages, yes the 324 did sound a tad grainy if you really listen to it carefully.
However if possibly fed thru an all tube system, i don't think you can hear it. Nonetheless i did appreciate the flexibility of its inputs (i wish more manufacturers) would adapt those kind of settings. Makes life easier if you have multiple cartridges.
I just wonder why it would sound "grainy" at all. Of course, that word may mean different things to each one of us, but it seems to me that transistor audio has evolved beyond the point where it should ever sound grainy. And I am a confirmed tube-aholic, nevertheless, for other reasons.
"Grainy" is always a sign of poor synergy which represents somehow something wrong in the system. This could be too much transistors in the chain, or a wrong choice of speakers and cables, etc.

With OTL amps and Quad ESL, I truly believe 324 should deliver a bit more transparent, extended presentation than a Linn Linto.

To lower the risk(i.e. uncertainty), Lewm may buy a used one.

VBR
Dan
That's OK, Dan. I take your point. Mine are Sound Lab M1s, but I love Quads, too.