Does EAR324 phono stage sound like tubes ?

i like the idea of being able to adjust the loadings of the phono stage... but does ear 324 sound anything close to being tubes ?
anyone who has would appreciate it- also considering the 834p or 88pb but the tube swapping is a bit hassle for finding good nos tubes...
the different load settings seems a good idea.
thanks !
nolitan
OPuss88- thanks! i haven't nailed down with which phono stage I'll end up with but those are my shortlist.
I'm sure all are good and it boils down to preference on one's system.
You're welcome, but a slight correction in the designation of the Telefunken: It's not PC88, but PCC88(aka 7DJ8 as I indicated above).
Tim de Paravicini don't recommend us to use 6DJ8/6922 in PCC88/7DJ8 positions or vice versa. For details, please see another post "Interview with Tim de Paravicini at High End Audio Show"

I had tried to put E88CC in my EAR 88PB after the interview. The higher voltage lighted up the tubes with abnormal brightness and sounded strange. I had also tried to put PCC88 in 6922 positions and the sound was just twisted. I wouldn't dare to keep it that way for too long.

Dan
Is anyone here using a external step up on the 324 on the mm mode ?
Lundahl, altec , hashimoto and Bob's Cinemag are what comes to my mind. Any experience with any of these on the 324 ?
Would it be too much gain if the cart had an output of .4mv to .6mv along w/ an external step up ?
Dan: I'm not sure I follow you when you refer the higher voltage of the E88CC. That tube has less voltage than the PCC88(7 volts). You also say you tried the PCC88 in 6922 positions. Are you referring to 6922 positions in the EAR 88pb? Do you mean there are clearly designated separate 6922 positions as distinguished from 7DJ8/PC88 positions in the 88pb? I've neither seen nor heard anything that mentions this. All four tube sockets in the 88pb can be used with either 7DJ8/PCC88 tubes OR E88CC/6922/6DJ8 tubes. I've not had nor have I noticed any problems either way. I've also read that Tim Paravicini has indeed used 6922s in the 88pb. Personally, I prefer the 7DJ8s.