Anybody own any direct-to-disc LP's?

I remember in the mid 70's direct-to-disc LP's were being touted. As I can remember, the concept sure sounded like a good idea. I was in college and had just bought my first receiver back then and could barely afford cut-outs or promotional LP's from my local record store. No way could I afford the premium prices for the direct to disc LP's. Decades later when I eventually found my way to high end audio, direct-to-disc had long vanished. Were they that good?
128x128mitch4t
There were several jazz D2D titles released back in the mid to late 70's - one that is truly exceptional is "The Three" which featured Joe Sample, Ray Brown and Shelly Manne on the East Wind label. It was also later released on LP from the master tape, but it paled in comparison to the original D2D release. Other labels that offered D2D LPs were Nautilus (that had a John Klemmer title) and Sheffield Labs.

Acoustic Sounds recently started recording some new titles which they released in D2D LPs, and it looks like they're mostly jazz and blues. I haven't heard these, but from experience with Acoustic Sounds I'm confident that they'll be great quality recordings. As far as whether you'll like the music I can't say...
I have two Harrry James Sheffield albums, "The King James Version" and "Still Harry After All These Years." Both I highly recommend.

Relax, have a New Glarus Abt and listen to some Edgar Froese...
I have several jazz ones, one is Charlie Byrd on Crystal Clear, most of theirs are very good.
Martin Colloms , who has heard everything, puts direct to disc ahead of everything else, including master tapes and Hi RES digital. I haven't heard everything but they are by far the best I have heard.