Nude Turntable Project

I could not fit the whole story in this Forum so have had to add it to my System Page.
I am attempting to hear if a 'naked' DD turntable can sound as good as Raul claims.
Please click the link below to read the story.
NUDE TT81
128x128halcro
Thanks Ecir,
The spikes were bought first from England and were given to the fabrication shop to custom drill and tap the legs to fit with no free play at all .
They are made of the same 316 stainless steel as the cradle and come with washers and lock-nuts.....but as the rear spikes are screwed into the legs almost entirely....there is no threaded spike protruding to attach any nuts.
But as I have to slide my hand under and between the arm-pods to reach the spikes to level them....any nuts would be a hellish complication :-)
believe me, Halcro, the second I read your report I planned on taking off the casing just to see whether there's the difference you assert. It will happen soon, but I just got a new cart and want to play with it first.

fyi: my tt also sometimes (but not often) starts at 33.32 or 33.34 before reaching 33.33. I had always thought it was because I clean dust off the record when I put it on and thus exert some modicum of pressure, but perhaps the real explanation is as you suggest. Also, my tt has never fluctuated in speed during play so perhaps your observations are not due to the casing?
Halcro, on the backside I have a slot routered out for ventilation and a IEC receptacle for convenience.

Looking at a couple more weeks. Have to make top plates and drill and tap a bunch of holes for footers, top plate. Also waiting for another MA505 to be delivered.

The plinth is a CLD design I have used with good results with other tables. The ringing round metal shield I always thought was a weak link so it isn't being used. I had concerns about RFI so its good to hear you haven't experienced any.

Pods are bronze cored or hollowbar with a 2.5" ID. Less machine work involved. There not as heavy as I would like but should get the job done.

Plans down the road is to try nude and build another similar plinth with cantilevered armbords that will look similar to the Project RPM.

Deck is a 71. Built plinth to accommodate a 81 or 101 if I ever find one to my liking, don't really want a 81. Just got tired of waiting so went with the 71 so I would be ready when the time comes.

Good to hear your satisfaction, table looks wicked.
Lewm,
the Emt has no suspension between motor and idler drive, only short isolation bushes.....then supported by a suspension frame (!) but that is another matter!
My post is declined as 'inappriate or inflamatory' probaly because I used the expressions 'hooker','prostitute' and 'whore' in the context of the logic of substitution. Substitution and quantification are interdependant so by way of introduction I mentioned 'Vienna', 'Wenen' (Dutch), Bec (Serbo Kroatian) and 'Wien' (German). The logical rule
is this: whatever is true about the object refered to will stay true under substitution of names with the same reference. I called those co-refering names. Now my point was that Lew is wrong with his assumption regarding the expression 'hooker'. One may dispute the 'meaning' of those expressions but they all refer to the same, uh, profession. It is obvious that different languges have different expression for the same profession but it is also obvious that they can be substituted for each other such that the sentence in which they occur has the same sense and/or reference. The reference of an statement being arguable the truth value of the sentence. The other theory imply reference (of a statement) to something called 'fact'. Now one can feel insulted if called 'prostitute' but what can be
the 'sin'of an word or an expression? The moderators obviously discrimante between 'neat words' and, say,'filthy kinds' but which linguist would make such an division? The other members also used the word 'hooker' so I assume that either 'prostitute' or 'whore' are the quilty one according to our moderators.
BTW the same argument apply for 'nude' versus 'naked'; both refer to ,uh, the same thing.