Nude Turntable Project

I could not fit the whole story in this Forum so have had to add it to my System Page.
I am attempting to hear if a 'naked' DD turntable can sound as good as Raul claims.
Please click the link below to read the story.
NUDE TT81
128x128halcro
Thanks Halcro,
you are right, I got the Empire thanks to your advice and I will have it mounted like you recommended - Xmas lies ahead of us! Maybe I am a bit reluctant to compare new cartridges after having sold my Grand Slamm. Now I know how good this loudspeaker was.
Nevertheless when I received my latest master tape from The Tape Project ( little hatch - rock with my baby) and I did listen to "Baby please don't go" I realized that the sound is still acceptable...
It is wonderful to have many options, in analogue as well as in life. With my second home bases now in Vietnam I am getting closer to you. :-)

Dear Halcro,

First, an apology: I thought I had seen the whole thread, pictures included. You and Ecir38 were right in sending me back to the listing: I've seen your entire posting again, now with all the pictures, and have much better information than when I asked my questions. Sorry to have been hasty.

Even so, you answered the remaining questions thoroughly and I feel sufficiently equipped to delve into trying a nude setup of my own, thanks to your generosity and Raul's gentle prodding.

Thank you again, so very much, for sharing your hard-won intellectual property. When I try to recreate your success I will certainly credit you and Raul for the work, most gratefully.

with Very Best Wishes, and for Happy Holidays,

David Kellogg
Dear Halcro,
Came late to this discussion but kudos to the review. Ever since I read Raul's piece about nude turntable, I have tried it on my Rek-O-Kut idler turntable and I am very much amazed at what I am hearing. I have the turntable placed on bricks. It looks ugly but the music is beautiful. Any chance you want to try an idler turntable if you have a spare ?
Thanks for confirming what I have been hearing with my stock idler turntable.
Dear David,
No problem at all.
Good luck with your own project. Please feel free to ask any questions.
All the best to you over the holidays.
Regards
Henry
Dear Audpulse,
Thanks for the kind words.
I don't know much about idlers and haven't really heard any.
I'm willing to believe all the good things I hear after my direct experiences with vintage TTs.
Good luck with your own 'nude' idler. Any pictures?......I like 'ugly'!