Dynavector Karat or Grado Statement Reference 1

I have been using Dynavector's 17D3 MkII on my VPI Classic TT (w/Krell, amp,pre,ref phono-B&W 802N) but have read the Grado is very musical in the midrange without loss in the high or low frequency. I read Harry of VPI swears by the Sonata but I would be willing to spend double possibly for my system. The Dynavector is a $1K acrtridge with great sound and reviews. Would The Grado be an improvement or am I possibly taking step backward?
128x128krell1
Is the Grado known to have the hum issue with VPI's or in general due to lack of isolation? I didn't know the Dynavector's were beter isolated but it is looking like I will just be content and keep using it.
In my limited experience, there are few things more variable than our perceptions of which cartridges are winners and losers. Written reviews can give you a general idea of how they'll likely sound, but be prepared for surprises. FWIW, I'd used a Grado Sonata for a while in my VPI Scout and was generally happy (no hum at all.) However, when I tried a Garrott Optim FGS, there was no contest as to the superiority of that pairing. When the Scout departed and an Acoustic Signature Final Tool replaced it, the tonal balance and increased resolution of the new table made the Optim sound a little too tipped up for my tastes. The Grado made for a better balance to my ears with this table. But someone who prefers a brighter sound might feel differently, who knows? For most of us without a circle of audiophile friends able to loan us a cartridge, the only way to find out is buy a cartridge and give it a try.
they only hum with the Classic, because of where/how the motor is mounted. I am guessing you have the same problem with the Grado anywhere (Direct Drive) where the motor is part of the plinth.

That said, they still sound great, you just need to tolerate the hum.

Soundsmith is what was suggested to me as a replacement, due the similar sonic charecter to the Grado, but it is an extremely well shielded cartridge.
Well I decided to buy a Dynavector XX2 mkII instead. I got a really good deal and could resell it if need be. I have really enjoyed the 17D3 Karat to this point so this should match everything really well. I will see then and probably sell the Karat shortly if that is the case. The hum issue did concern me so thanks for the input.