Immedia RPM 2 vs Clear Audio Emotion cmb

Hi everyone. So I have a chance to pick up a Immedia RPM 2 table with the upgraded arm board and rpm 2 uni pivot tonearm, how would this table compare to something modern like a clearaudio emotion cmb with a satisfy tonearm ? I can basically get the Immedia for trade, but I am worried about its age. Thanks for any advice you could give me, Chris
chrissain
I respectfully disagree with Jaybo. In it's day, the immedia RPM combo was about as high end as one could get. I suspect that it would outclass the Clearaudio combo, although I haven't actually listened to that table. Reading what's available on the web, the Clearaudio appears to be a good turntable in the mid-high end. It's not super cheap ( >$5000).
I have an RPM tonearm and I find it competitive with tonearms like the Triplanar and Grahams. Not necessarily the best but it can play in that league. I'd jump on the RPM combo if I were your shoes.
---Gary
My previous message got garbled. What I meant to say was that the Clearaudio was neither very cheap nor very expensive. It appears to be going after the "value" market as opposed to the state of the art. This is in contrast to the Immedia, which was an attempt at defining the best possible in it's day. My gut tells me it would be the better choice.
---Gary