CineMag SUT

Hi all,

I would like to get a step up transformer for my Phase Tech MC cart P3G. I never experience it before but many Garrad & clasic stuff user would use CineMag CMQEE-3440A. The price is reasonable. If you are one of the user too, please share more. The most I want to know how it sounds (taste). The final question, I don't have any classic stuff but new turntable & tonearm.

Not sure it would be a good match for my system?

Scheu Analog turntable
Jelco tonearm
Phase Tech MC cart
yoshikama
Has anyone compared Bob's Cinemag SUT vs his Altec 4722 SUT in a koetsu cartridge ?
Which one would suit better ?
Nolitan:

I have a Koetsu RSP and have used a bunch of different SUT's. The Altec 4722 and Cinemag are very similar. Not suprising as the Cinemag and Altec were designed by the same family (Father = Altec and Son = Cinemag). Between the two I'd choose the Cinemag only because any Altec used today is a NOS product as they have not been manufactured for years.

However, for my $ the SUT's I prefer with the Koetsu are the ones from Hashimoto. I get more detail with the Hashimoto and it also throws a larger soundstage. Only downside is that its also more expensive. John at Choir Audio sells both the Cinemag and Hashimoto products. His prices are very competitive.
Sib-thanks for the reply.
I have briefly tried the hash and find it a bit too detailed for my taste. Lean sounding but it was a 501 shelter cart.
I'm actually auditioning a friend home made altec 4722 similar to bobs. I like the results but its a bit pricey to buy a new one from bob. Where as the cinemag is a lot cheaper.
Half the price of the altecs from bobs.
When I was dealing with Bob he recommended the following in regards to the Koetsu:

1) Sowter
2) Cinemag
3) Altec

Bob's Sowter SUT was nice but in the end I just preferred a SUT with a little higher gain. No question that the Cinemag is the best value. I'm happily using a Cinemag (from Choir audio not from Bob)with a Denon 103R in a second system.
I have tried many SUT's and find the results are cartridge dependant. I like the Cinemag or 4722 best for 103 and a few others compared to Hashimoto or S&B but prefer the later on other like Clearaudio or Benz. I imagine phono pre effects choice also. The Silk SUT is in the league of the higher priced SUT for many carts and is my current favorite for my Stradivari. I think it would be great if there was a place you could rent them so they could be tried out.