Cartridge upgrade for VPI Scout

I am considering upgrading my cartridge. My setup is a VPI Scout on a Ginko Cloud 11, Simaudio LP5.3 w/ PS, and Dynavector 10x5.

Rest of system is BAT VK-31SE pre, BAT VK-55 amp, and Esoteric MG-10 monitor speakers.

I am looking for more transparency accross the board, and a more open, airy top end. I prefer a brighter top end than I am getting. I am relatively new to analog, so I don't have the knowlege yet to know what to look for in a cartridge upgrade. Originally, I pretty much went with the salesman's recommendation on the 10x5, and it has been a great cartridge for the money IMO.

I do like the Dynavector sound. I am considering the 20X-L, but am worried that it won't be enough of an improvement. The 17D3 looks interesting, but some have warned about the short cantilever. The Shelter 501 was recomended by one of the guys at Music Direct.

Price range- $500-600 (used) or $1000 new.

Thoughts?
mekong56
I have been using the Denon 304 or the AT 33 EV. They are excellent cartridges and are in the $400- 600 price range. Before I bought anything I would play around with the VTA settings, your present cartridge is a good one. In general raising the tonearm at the pivot end will increase the treble. You might also consider getting something like the Bob's Devices SUT, even if the output is theoretically high enough now. See current Stereophile for more info on it.
Stingreen-
I originally had it on just a shelf on my rack, but that was a quite some time ago. Why do you ask?