woofer pumping

Today I tried to play some vinyl through my new setup (Dynaudio C1 speakers and VTL MB-450 amps/VTL 5.5 pre) and I noticed a large amount of woofer pumping (Whenever I listen through the CD player or Squeezebox the woofers barely move at decent listening volumes).

My turntable is a Technics SL1200, cartridge is AudioTechnica 440 MLa and the phono pre is a Cambridge Audio 640P. Nothing fancy but the woofer pumping is worrying me and I'd like to reduce it. It's currently sitting on an Ikea Expedit so it's not the best for isolating vibration since just tapping it immediately makes the woofer travel more.

I was thinking of getting a 4" maple platform from Mapleshade with the Isoblock footers. Any other suggestions?
jibbonacci
If you still have the problem after all tips you have followed, try to distance your turntable as much from the speaker and see if it helps.
Well that's a lot of replies with a few different possible solutions. I'll look at each one and see what I can do, but I really appreciate everybody's help.
Newbee got it. The first place to start is the arm/cartridge compatibility. Not only will you reduce woofer pumping, but you get better sound if the cartridge and arm are working together.