Classics Clarity Vinyl

I'm wondering what others' experience is with these. I've bought 4 titles and I find the vinyl incredibly noisy, as if I had a fireplace active. Violent crackling, sometimes for 2-3 seconds at a time and fairly frequent. Audible from the next room.

I clean LPs with Premier then the Wallker four step process.
madfloyd
While it does sound a bit hit or miss, I guess I have been very unlucky.

I don't think it's tracking force (running a Dynavector XV-1s at 2.01) and other vinyl titles are fine.

I do seem to get more problems with 45 rpm though. Doug, what is the slow play test?

Ian
I have the "Somethin Else" Mono 45rpm set on Clarity. It's the only Classic record I have that sounds perfect. No noise, no pops. Beautiful. But the other six I've had(black vinyl 200g) range from "listenable but not really acceptable" to "complete rice crispy garbage".

The most frustrating thing is when someone who's never experienced it suggests you're doing something wrong like "your antiskate is off" "your vtf is too light". You mean my vtf is a problem for records made by one company but not for the hundreds of other records I have?

I'm really happy "Somethin Else" turned out right though. It sounds amazing.
Madfloyd I'm glad you mentioned the cartridge! 2 things on the XV, I had read that it can supress surface noise (so I bought one and found it to be true in my system) and that in my system the ohm loading does make some difference to the noise supression. I run mine at 100ohm and I do have 9 4LP 45rpm box sets and the worst of them probably only has noise/clicks/pops on 2-5% of the whole record, usualy on the 1st or last track. Put differently, they may not be the quietest LPs I have (that honour belongs to the "cheap" Classical Decca/DeuGram etc from 2nd hand shops) but I have never had a reason to want to return one. My current most annoying LP is the Speakers Corner Miles Davis 'Round about Midnight, 1st/title track "breaks up" when the muted trumpet hits the high notes... Anyway I suppose that's why most of us flogged to CDs in the 80s, ticks & pops! So some of them ticks waited for us to come back :-) I guess with Classic Records "gone" one might not have too many options. You might be lucky to have someone pay you double for your "limited editions" and they sound perfect in their system!
I only have one clarity vinyl LP -- Jethro Tull. The first copy I got was very noisy. The "clear" vinyl had black swirls in it. I examined these swirls under 10x magnification and found that I could actually see where the black substance protruded into the groove, hence..."POP"...or noise I'd been hearing. I retuned the LP and the replacement was better -- less swirls and less noise.I posted my comments about the LP on the well-known LP sellers site, but my comment never appeared. Hum.