VPI Classic Platter

Has anyone compared the classic aluminum platter to the super platter on a Superscoutmaster?
128x128stringreen
Iwould think just for weight, and mass alone, the Super Platter probably had no peer.

For any who would want a true "super platter", maybe give Thom Mackris a ring. I'm sure he'll put you into a Galibier Stelvio Platter, and Bearing. A whopping 42 lbs should do the trick! A massive .800" Bearing Shaft, and I'm sure a simple trip to a local machinist to drill out your Plinth, and your ready to go.

Not sure of the "depth" of the Galibier Bearing Well, one might need some taller Cone Feet? lol Mark
Does anyone know the weight of the aluminum platter? I had searched out and purchased an aries 1 with original heavy platter which I think is 20 lbs (and I may be wrong but I think the super platter is 25 lbs? or is it 30)
From the VPI web site, the Classic is:
•New 6061 machined aluminum 18 pound high inertia platter with precision inverted bearing and stainless steel damping plate.
As I understand it, the machined Classic Platter weighs 18 lbs, and 20 lbs with Bearing included.

The Super Platter, that was made to fit all VPI Tables other than the HR-X, was 25 lbs. The HR-X Super Platter was 30 lbs.

And I made a small error earlier, the Galibier Stelvio Platter is actually listed at 44 lbs. Mark
I just upgraded my TNT to the classic platter over the acrylic and really like the sound personally. I'm going to listen for a bit then switch back, but what I've found so far is a slightly livelier sound as opposed to the acrylics somewhat "thicker" and "darker" sound. I guess it's a matter of taste. Keep in mind though that the acrylic I'm referring to is the clear or "whiteish" colored not the superplatter.
I believe VPI is happy with the machining properties of aluminium but thats kind of a given really. If you've worked with lathes for as long as they have they'd should have know this a long time ago. I think the quality of acrylic has probably gone down while the price gone up therefore not as reasonable to make TT's out of. This will affect a manuf. point of view as well.
As a last note the super platter looks better and the aluminium leave fingerprints in the worst way IMO