The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
I own Revel Salon 2 and they beat Dynaudio Evidence Tempation, Kharma Grand Midis, Coincident Total Reference, MBL 111E easily as I owned these speakers as well. Further, I directly compared it to YG Acoustics Anat Ref IIs my friend has(around $150K and they claim best speakers in the world?) and my friend shitted in his pants. My speaker had smoother highs, better integration top to bottom with prodigious bass that was equal if not better than his mega buck self powered bass. There berylium tweeters are so smooth, extended and detailed, it has no problem replicating the highest notes and its harmonics with most demanding transients with ease. I used to get fatigue listening to other speakers I owned because of high frequency grit but I can comfortably listen and enjoy music for hours with these speakers. Salon 2 is a giant killer and by far the best value for high end speakers out there period. I've listened to Wilson Alexandria 2s at LA Audio and though it sounded good until they brought in other speakers to compare it to and you realize it sounded lifeless. So, unless you do A-B comparison on any these speakers under same conditions with same equipment and room or if you own the speakers in the same living space for quite sometime and you know the sound, subjective listening based on memory or in other room auditions and comments are absolutely meaningless. By the way I won MBL-9007 mono amps and MSB DAC IV as associated equipment.
Stereo_phile, That’s outstanding. I’m sure that I speak for many when I congratulate you on finally finding a speaker that is synergistic with your other components according to your tastes. Happy listening.
Tyler Acoustic Woodmere II...Tyler truly knows how to craft and build a work of art not only for the eyes but for the ears too. Truly a magnificant speaker with all the right balance and openess. Not only are his speakers that good, Tyler is great to speak with and is passionate about getting you what you want. Another Plus...ITS MADE IN THE USA!!!...Support our local Americans who make such wonderful products.
There were two rooms across from each other at CES 2012 that were clearly the best sounds at CES. One was the BMC suite with their new speaker and the other was the Lansche 7 with Ypsilon electronic. The BMC had dynamics like compression drivers but with great imaging. The Lansche/Ypsilon had very smooth and full range performance. The first was the Ferrari and the other a Bentley. I have the Tidal Contriva Diacera SEs and would love to have either of the other two for comparison. All clearly the best around.