Anyone using a Lyra Delos yet?

There was an initial thread about the Lyra Delos a few months back, but I haven't seen much follow up about users' impressions with this cartridge. Is anyone using a Delos and if so, how are you liking it?

I'm looking for a new cartridge for my VPI Classic and JLTi phono stage. I'm currently using an old Grado cartridge from my previous turntable, and it's on its last legs. So if anyone has any other suggestions I'd love to hear them. Price ceiling about $1,500. System used mostly to play rock, jazz and acoustic music.

Thank you.
mniven
>>11-28-10: Paperw8
i would say that 100pf is a pretty good estimate for the total input capacitance value to use when you set your phono stage input load impedance<<

Actually due to the extremely-low self-inductance of a moving coil cartridge, capacitance is basically irrelevant.

This is the reason you seldom, if ever, see capacitance adjustments for moving coils on phono stages.

Please refer to my experience comments in previous post.
100pf seems extraordinarily low for the RDT? My ps0.3r has a 220pF input C, while the 0.5m cable is assumed to be around 50pF Giving me a total of 270pF. By way of contrast a Trichord Diablo is way up there at 1.1nF(?) but as Audiofeil says it doesn't matter to MCs anyway.

11-29-10: Moonglum
100pf seems extraordinarily low for the RDT? My ps0.3r has a 220pF input C, while the 0.5m cable is assumed to be around 50pF Giving me a total of 270pF. By way of contrast a Trichord Diablo is way up there at 1.1nF(?) but as Audiofeil says it doesn't matter to MCs anyway.

from where you are getting your data on input capacitance? my whest manual provides no information on input capacitance. an input capacitance of 220pf sounds a bit high even for a moving magnet section.

at any rate, once you figure out the input capacitance that you intend to use, my previous comments about setting the phono stage input load impedance will make more sense if you read the instructions that come with the lyra delos cartridge. you will find that having an estimate for the input capacitance is relevant if you want to set the load impedance at the phono stage.

speaking of the whest manual, i will point out that there is an error in the chart that shows the latest (post 1 jan 09) load settings. the figure in the manual indicates that DIP switch position 4 selects a 1k ohm resistor, when in reality it is a 1.6k ohm resistor. if you look at the values indicated on the actual circuit board, it too indicates that this switch position is 1.6k ohm - the circuit board is correct and the manual is incorrect.
In my system, the only thing digital do better is noise.
Vinyl is better in every other aspect. The bass reproduction in analog chain is easily compromised: proper setup and acoustic feedback being most critical.
11-29-10: Paperw8
"from where you are getting your data on input capacitance? my whest manual provides no information on input capacitance. an input capacitance of 220pf sounds a bit high even for a moving magnet section."
-----------------
James Henriot.
-----------------

"Speaking of the whest manual, i will point out that there is an error in the chart that shows the latest (post 1 jan 09) load settings. the figure in the manual indicates that DIP switch position 4 selects a 1k ohm resistor, when in reality it is a 1.6k ohm resistor. if you look at the values indicated on the actual circuit board, it too indicates that this switch position is 1.6k ohm - the circuit board is correct and the manual is incorrect."
---------------
Useful info....
Cheers..................M.