Next upgrade?

Just looking for an opinions on what my next upgrade should be. I have a VPI HW-19 Mk. III with a Rega 300 tonearm. The cartridge is a Grado Reference Platinum. This goes straight into the phono section of a Mcintosh MA6900. I have about $500 to spend on an upgrade, and didn't know where to go next. I'm leaning towards a new cartridge (Dynavector 10x5) and getting a Mint Tractor to align it. But maybe all I need is a phono stage? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
helmuthed
The Mint 'tractor is a great idea but there's a Klyne SK2 phono stage posted for sale right now at under your budget.
To be honest, I haven't even checked out prices for phono stages, but considering I'm plugging straight into the amps phono section, I figured any upgrade would be an upgrade. Also, I don't need a "nice" looking hooker so $500 should get me one or two. Probably going to pull the trigger on the Dynavector/MintLP tractor idea I had as the next upgrade.
I would save the $500 and add to it for an upgrade up the road. You'll get about as much satisfaction with the $500 on a hooker as you will a current $500 upgrade ...........
The MintLP tractor is a great idea to start with. You may be suprised at the sound improvement from your present cartridge with a more precise alignment. If, after using the MintLP, that is not all you were looking for then you can make an educated decision to spend on a cartridge upgrade and maybe have aquired some additional funds by that time. I was extremely pleased with what I now consider to be one of the best system investments I have made. Once you have it custom made for your table and arm it will benefit any future cartridge you aquire.