Granite under wood for better isolation?

I have some slabs of granite and I would like to know if I ordered 2 inch thick maple to go over (lay on top of the granite) the granite would this work to provide good isolation for my turntable and CD player? I do not like the sound of the granite alone.
tzh21y
It could be that my catridge and arm work better with the wood.. The instruments just sound more natural and I get less inner groove vibration with the thick maple. One thing I may do is Lower my table so I get more soundstage. The maple is very dense and is in the wrong place as far as at my ear level. Once I move it lower I think I will be very very happy. The wood isolates better for me than the granite. I do understand what you are saying by the turntable liking the granite. The wood and granite both have their own sonic signature. I have gone back and forth but so far the maple is winning.
Tony, I see your plinth is already solid wood. Nice table by the way. Maybe with that being the case, the granite may be the perfect fit.
Sand is your answer. Maple deadens the music. Put the granite into a sand box. All ringing will be gone.