Best TT plinth material, cost no object

It is said that the best material with which to build a loudspeaker cabinet is LEAD, the second best is concrete and the third is Aluminum. Only the third has been adapted by the industry, for obvious reasons.

Internal and extraneous vibrations need to be dampened or eliminated if sound smearing is to be reduced,

Now to the turntable; remove it from the influence of vibrations, internal vibrations not withstanding, and the vinyl should sound better.

Not all of us can put the turntable outside on the sidewalk where only the elements can affect the sound, but can we make the plinth so HEAVY that we can come close to removing the turntable from the sound room entirely?

Can a lead plinth, not too practical, get us as close as possible to putting the turntable outside, on the concrete walk?

Your thoughts, Ken
kftool
Thanks Albert, alias " Alley Cat," as I forgot about the posting . It's been three years since I began the table and it's still not done.

Ken
Odd that so many people fail to consider the significant vibrational energy that is being created by the stylus, enough energy that you can hear it. An electron microscope base may just make sure that the energy has no where to go. Acoustic energy from being in the same room is often trivial in comparison.

A good plinth needs to either dissipate internally generated energy or transmit it into something that can. Otherwise only part of the problem is solved.
So, Ken, why isn't that project finished and what might you not like about the behemoth you built? Maybe that could lead you in a good direction. None of us have your skills in the first place. Many latter day belt-drive tables have virtually done away with a formal plinth and sound great. It seems based on word of mouth that idler- and direct-drive turntables do benefit greatly from a heavy, dense plinth intimately coupled to the motor/bearing. (But there are guys who like the Technics SP10 sans any formal plinth.) My own experiences with slate are in agreement with the idea that slate is very very good. (I have now made or had made slate plinths for Lenco, Denon DP80, and Technics SP10 Mk2.) But I would never claim slate is categorically "the best". Moreover, there are several different kinds and densities of slate, even within the US. For example, Vermont slate seems denser than Pennsylvania slate. I have no idea what that might mean. My SP10 plinth is made from Vermont slate.
Maplenoll top end tables were built with a platter of pure lead (ariadne 80lb platter, apollo 70lb platter), a plinth that had a lot of lead and corian. Walker audio is built along similar lines concerning the platter and plinth. These tables are not easy to set up, move or tweak as a result, but once properly set up, they do provide a very "black" background. With other tables, i found i could "tap" on the plinth and hear it out the speaker. Not so with the maplenoll, even the ligher weight ariadne reference that i initially brought. FYI, the maplenoll Ariadne signature weighs about 175 lb. The Apollo i have, about 210.
Oilmanmojo,

Didn't know that regarding Maplenoll tables...thanks for the info!

Best,
Sam