Project Debut III or Technics 1200 MK5?

Hey,

About to get my first TT in a long time and am on a tight budget. I have narrowed it down to a brand new Project Debut or a used, though not very muchl, in great condition, Technics 1200 MK5 for a similar price. What would people recommend? I seem to be reading conflicting things. Some people say go for the Project Debut as the it will sound better as the Tecknics is a 'DJ' turntable and not a 'audiophile' turntable. Others say the opposite and say a good Technics 1200 outperforms pretty much any entry level audiophile turntable. The other issue I guess in one is brand new and the other is used.

I'm leaning towards the Technics, I've used them before and like their robustness and the fact you can change speed at a touch of a button
hearing_aid
I agree with Ekobesky and Johnnyb53. If you even want to take it one step further you can upgrade the bearing to a nitride silicone ball bearing in a brass housing.
Technics 1200 easilly surpasses the Projects and rega's. Go to KAB usa site and there is a whole lot you can do and spend to make your 1200 super good sounding.
I love the original SL 1200 MK2 or 1210 MK2 with the voltage selector for possible US or EU use. The build quality of the 1200 are superior to any other DD Turntable on the market for the price. Save yourself some money on the MK5 model and get the original MK2 and use the difference on money saved for an upgrade. You really do not need the MK5 model with the "no click" function if you are just using it as a listening turntable. The No Click is really meant for Dj's in live mixing enviroments such as night clubs or studio beatmatching use. Hope this helps your quest .