Continuum Caliburn - really the best TT on earth?

I have read so many good things about the Caliburn but also figured out that this table needs some care (software, o-ring, air suction etc.) To my knowledge they have improved the table over the last three years.

Is there anyone out who has experience with this table besides of audio shows -meaningly having tested the Caliburn with the Cobra and e.g. a Lyra system within a very good chain? Is there any reason not to go for a Caliburn?
thuchan
Breuninger, I have to study this click-click-clock system deeper. Maybe I am saving some sport activities between the units of my system and some more advantages will come up...

David, you are on a good track. This is my first TT I bought when I returned from Japan in 1995. I paid the amount of 5.000 Euro. No one was interested in analogue in those times...
Mr D I guess it's just in my inherit nature to try to help people out though I think Ekhart will have his own ideas on this subject.
Ekhart for the most part Im happy to see the popularity of vinyl swing back for many especially among the youth.The 30 and 40 year olds, yikes did I just type that!

David
Dear Thuchan, I am a bit confused. Which one did you end up with, Criterion or Caliburn? Also, I went to the Continuum website to try to get some idea of the design and construction of these products. They don't show any photos of the platter and motor with the belt in place. Can you tell me whether the drive is the usual type, where the belt travels around the pulley and platter only, or is there a capstan-like device or secondary pulley, to bring the belt into more continuous contact with the platter? And does the drive belt run around the perimeter of the platter or around what appears to be a smaller diameter subplatter? Thanks.
Dear Lewm, it`s aContinuum Criterion with a Copperhead tonearm carrying a Lyra Olympos.

You`re right you cannot see details on the website of Continuum. Maybe the pic under the following link helps to answer your question. It´s a usual type drive, the belt runs around the big sub-platter which has not a smaller diameter than the top-platter.

The armboard is mounted on neodym tablets. You may change the distance between the armboards magnets and the lower magnets by turning a screw from underneath the chassis, so also when running the Criterion. This will change the sound if you like. Mark has told me this, it is not written in the manual.

http://picasaweb.google.de/lh/photo/fomE6Ej0CEmJ4D-WeqU3EQ?feat=directlink

... hope the link works
Thanks very much. The photo answers my question quite nicely. I take it that the magnetic suspension effectively isolates the tonearm mounting board from the rest of the chassis. The design is beautifully executed.

On their website, Continuum site a review of the Criterion in Tone Audio. IMO, that review was written by a person who is not qualified to evaluate a high-end turntable, due to limitations of both his system and his way of thinking. I am surprised Continuum would reference it at all.