Need Help in having Itunes Tag 1 Tb of lssless Wav

..I just got a mac mini and had over 1 tb of lossless wav files that play thue itunes but i can not get the files organized thru itunes...ie artist song and album all mixed as one on itunes..triedto you us tuneup but that didnt work .. Seems I itunes can not tag these files correctily as media monkey did on my windows computer. Also i converted a few files to apple lossless but they transcribed as mp4 and also the file size was almost in half..any aideas?
zugisland
I had my whole library as WAV setup like this:

/Artist/Album/Trackname

First I used dBpoweramp to batch convert them to ALAC (as a copy) preserving the directory structure.

Second I used Mp3tag to derive tags from the directory structure in batches.

Now I have an ALAC library with tags.

Also if you have album art stored as a jpeg in the album folder, you can use mp3tag to add the album art.

Wloeb

Nice! How many files at once will or did you enable power amp to convert for you? Same with applying ID3 TAGS?
Wloeb, that's nice you were able to do that, but what about classifying the genres of music in your collection? How did you handle compilations or soundtracks? Also, the year of the disc publication, composer, conductor, etc wouldn't be there.

I just really feel that people should be discouraged from using WAV files. My FLAC files can be queried for music by a particular composer, or I can get all 80's music, or even pieces by a particular violinist. I do this all with my squeezeboxes, and none of this was possible when I was using WAV files around 10 years ago.

Michael
I had sub-directories for jazz, classical pop ect. I batch converted one genre at a time. Then, with mp3 tag, you can select all and change the genre. So just sort your wav's into genres. I didn't tag the year. Various artists can be tags as various or done manually. Adding the album art took the longest.

One word of warning: Avoid very long file names, especially for classical as window has a limit on path length and you might have problems doing batch conversion and batch file tagging if the name is too long.
Michael,

I agree, Wav files should be discouraged. I thought it was a good idea to rip to wavs a few years ago because itunes didn't support FLAC and ALAC wasn't handled natively on the squeezebox 3 at the time.

Now I would reccomend FLAC or ALAC, just pick one, dBpoweramp can always batch convert from one to the other.

Wayne