Ever so slight platter wobble

I have a bix DIY table that I got from a friend. I noticed that when I look at the bottom of the platter or actually put a solid object underneath the edge of a spinning platter, every revolution the platter will touch the object. You can hear it. The wobble is tiny less than 1/2 mm at the edge. I dont have an arm for this table yet so I do not know how it sounds and I am wondering if I should even keep it. Will 1/2 mm impact sonic performance. Scientifically speaking it should not, right? Since whenever the platter dips, so will the tonearm. Do non diy or high end turntables also have tiny amounts of wobble?
malammik
This is a common problem, that usually occurs when the user plays too many records consisting of Rock and Roll :).
Were you working the camera in the Blair Witch Project? I actually threw up a bit in my mouth a bit watching that....

Anyway, is it sandwiched?, like the top of the spindle and the underside thread together to clamp the platter? or through and just resting the platter like the Regas. If so is it tightend right down? If so, and there's still some play maybe it's missing a washer, and perhaps putting a thin washer in under the platter will snug and flatten it. Not so much a washer but just a flesbible rubber diaphram, you might get one to fit in a plumbing section or just fashion it from some thin rubber/vinyl sheet. Haven't seen this one before but just a thought....

cheers

finski
Hey. The wobble video is wobbly. The table was on a floor and I did not have good support. Thanks for the advice. I will try that out. The platter is not sandwiched.
So, then does the spindle wobble in it's seating with the platter off? ie can you shift it even slightly from side to side with the platter removed but the spindle's in place?
ie not 'flesbible' but flexible,ar ar.