Want to play my vinyl collection - again

To boldly go where this man hasn't been for a long time.
I still have my vinyl collection cause I always knew that CD quality sucked - well up until lately it seems.

So many turntables to choose from I need the help of the knowledgable folks in this forum.

I'm somewhat clueless about what I need.

I don't believe the Cary has a phono preamp/stage (I'm guessing I need one).

My current system which doesn't include my Technics SL 1700 (I think) turntable sitting in the garage..

System
Source(s) - Oppo BP83SE universal disc player highly modded. Transporter and a highly modded Squeezebox 3.
Amps - Nuforce 9SEV2 and a Halcro MC50
Preamp - Cary SLP05 tube monster
DAC - Neko D100
Speaker cables - Synergestic Research Tesla's
Interconnects - Assorted DIY's using the finest wire I could find Furutech connectors
Power - Crappy power conditioners with DIY power cords on a dedicated circuit also with an assortment of great plugs.
Current Speakers - AV123 LS6 Line Arrays (12 ribbon tweeters and 14 mid base drivers)

Don't want to mortgage the farm and used is good.

I was inspired by the Opera Consonance LP 6.1 at CES. I said "hey, I think I can afford that" at 1.3K dollars minus the cartridge. So maybe sub 3K for everything seems reasonable? I don't want something that doesn't play well vs my other sources cause it's a waste of money if I don't play it..

Thanks for your suggestions!!
128x128desalvo55
Go for used Clearaudio Performance with a Sumiko Blackbird cartridge and a Graham Slee Era Gold (great bargain!!) for the phono stage into your preamp.

That preamp is so good, it will make anything sound awesome.

If you want to step it up a bit, look for a used Sota Nova or stand in line for a new VPI Classic. I would stick with the same cartridge and phono pre on this until you decide you like it and want to move up.

The Clearaudio is really stellar, btw.
LOL! Slikric great response! But I tried that turntable. Snap crackle pop. I remember those days and remember, it's like I'm a newb to vinyl again. I've been streaming FLAC for years. Hell, I've just revisted CD's cause my Oppo BDP83, which sounded like total crap stock is playing amazingly well after being turned into an SE and the additional mods made it a killer machine - wow!

What else do I have in the garage? Hum, a MAC 1700, original condition. Just sits there. Plenty of vinyl, correct again. Oh ya, boxes of cables like every other audiophile... Sony 777 DVD player, Yamaha RXV 2095? receiver. What's in your garage?

What about the Aeries series like the Aeries 1 or 3?

BTW, I'll look for the Sots Nova and the Clearaudio's.
Is there no Love for the Opera Consonance line? Specifically the Droplet 3.1 with the T988 tonearm.