Allnic Verito Z:Owners and those familiar

Am considering the purchase of this cartridge.My funds have been delayed and thus the purchase.
I have looked for reviews,but there are only comments.
Can anyone contrast/compare this against some known quantity.I'm hoping that the few members ,who own this will comment and relay their experiences.
Thanks in advance-Tom
tpsonic
Hi,

I hope to be receiving a ''next generation'' Verito Z very soon...and will be using it on an Origin Live Conqueror Mk.3C

It will be mounted on an aluminium headshell, so I will be in the same situation as you.

I would also like to find out about using a wooden shim...just to see what differences it may make, so I would be grateful if anyone can help on the location / source of such a shim and its price...

Once the cartridge is run in, I would be happy to make more detailed comments as to performance and nature in my own system.

I have owned sevral cartridges, including Linn Arkiv Boron, Koetsu, Red, Onyx, Clearaudio Accurate, Benz Micro Glider 2, etc...and I am currently using a Zyx Airy 3S...

Until then, best wishes and of course luck!
I have rounded the corner at about 100 hours.

Observations: So far the best cartridge I have had in my system, eclipsing the Clearaudio Harmony Mg. The Harmony Mg was Clearaudio's second from top of the line a few years ago, I have listened to the Harmony Mg with both the original boron cantilever and the Soundsmith Ruby retip, which increased detail in the Harmony Mg.

Break In: Requires a lot. The full output does not seem to settle in until after 50 hours or so. I started out with the preamp from 1PM to 2:15PM at first, gradually going down to currently 11AM to 12:15PM. This may indicate a suspension that requires a lot of use before full settling.

Detail: Enormous amount of detail, more than the Harmony Mg. I wondered about the aluminum cantilever, but without just cause, the Verito Z manages to recover more raw detail than either the boron or ruby retip on the Harmony Mg.

Compliance: The Verito Z seems to be an excellent match with my tone arm/ table. I think my Da Vinci 10 inch arm just makes the effective mass cut of about 16g for the low compliance cantilever, but the Verito might do even better with higher effective mass arms.

Dynamics: Opened up a lot from 30 to 60 hours and still seem to be opening up a bit with larger, more relaxed sound scape.

Midrange: This is where the Verito Z builds from and shines, an incredibly dense, layered detailed midrange. The Verito Z locks on to the beating heart of the midrange and doesn't let go. The Harmony Mg was excellent in this regard as well, but not nearly as good as the Verito Z.

Bass: Deep and resolute, excellent texture and solidity

High Frequencies: Very well balanced with the midrange, nice density like the midrange with lovely shimmer and overtones.

Overall, the Verito Z extends the impression I had when reviewing the Allnic head amp H2500 that the Allnic chain makes vinyl sound much more like the high quality reel to reel tapes I have heard in sound image, density, color and power. This seems to be a good direction to go since the analog tradition is based on high quality studio tapes.
The Verito Z seems to work best with higher mass tonearms. The cart weighs 9 grams, has a fairly high compliance and tracks at 2g. The metal mounting plate does help with the light weight issue.

Disclaimer: Allnic dealer