Music Hall mmf-7 spins faster

I have a Music Hall mmf-7 turntable (EAR 834P phono preamp) and it spins faster than normal. I bought a new motor and a new belt from Roy Hall, but it didn't change a thing. I borrowed my friends' motor (he has an mmf-7.1): no change... I even bought a Pro-Ject Speed Box (on Roy Hall's advice): it still spins faster. My cartridge is a Sumiko Blackbird. I really don't know what much else to do: any ideas? Did someone run into this problem?

I am desperate.
lrmellon
Yes,you can widen your platter by applying maybe 1 or 2(?) winds of electrical tape around the platter's edge.I do this with a Rega's sub-platter and it slows it down to run at correct speed.You can experiment with this until you find the exact number of windings you need.Apply single layers evenly and trim with scissors.Test with a strobe and needle in the groove playing a record.
Are you sure the belt is in the right groove on the motor? One is for 33 1/3, the other is for 45rpm.
It is indeed in the right groove, Eddaytona: the smaller one (and the larger one, as indicated, when I am using the Speed Box II).

And, Stefanl, thanks: I will try your trick. However, I am still not sure why it would spin faster: on the Billie Holiday LP "Songs For Distingué Lovers" (that I know very well), although the instruments may appear to be playing at the correct speed/pitch, Ms. Holiday's voice is almost unrecognizable, as if all the "low-toned hurt" in her voice was nowhere to be found. On Pat Metheny Group's LP "Offramp", it's like Metheny's guitar (or Lyle Mays' piano) is playing a third faster than what was recorded. And I am very familiar with these recordings, be it on tape, LP or CD. Very frustrating indeed!...