Glanz moving magnet cartridges

Hi,

I have just acquired an old Glanz G5 moving magnet cartridge. However, I cannot find out any details about this or the Glanz range or, even the company and its history.

Can anyone out there assist me in starting to piece together a full picture?

Any experiences with this or other Glanz's; web links; set up information etc would be warmly received. Surely someone knows something!

Thanks in hope
dgob
the requirements of friendship and justice are different but in this case, Halcro, they seem to coincide? 5 155lc (sic!--you must really like it) styli for you and none for Nikola, if it comes to transpire, seems at once an affront to justice and a failure of that sympathy constitutive of friendship.

On the other hand, Nikola should appreciate that a friend is, as Aristotle noted, 'another self', and thus when you enjoy your 5 (sic!) 155lc's, it is as if he is enjoying it as well--even though he has none.

On a more serious note, I bought my 155lc because of your rave way back when. Are you using it with the signet 3ea or 5ea cart or, I suppose, both? I have both carts so I can try either, but would like your input as to which is preferred. Or is this a case of broccoli vs foie gras?
Dear Banquo, While I am not able to understand the Dutch
preference for silence I do understand their income policy.
To put it short: those who have 'more' pay for those who
have 'less'. This is the same as the 'transfer' of a part
of welth to the less fortunate. I don't believe that this
policy is based on Aristotle because he also wrote some
other 'ethical' prescriptions: 'how should we treat our
slaves'. It is of course possible that he had a friend
among his slaves but this 'onother self' is difficult to imagine as being glad to be slave for the sake of his friend. While Aristotle was the 'father' of logic he was obviously confused about the identity relationship: even the twins are not identical persons. The 'onother self' invention will not do as a quide for the income distribution.
Henry's position reg. this question is the best illustration why the income police can't be based on 'onother self' but must be 'prescribed' by the state.
But more relevant for this thread is this. I own the Signet
9 cl as well as the 7e. The Signet 9cl is the most beautiful cart I have ever seen with a stylus which looks much more impressive than the one of his 'little brother' 7e. So the preference for the 7 x by Henry needs some correction in the sense of the identity question: is the 7 (whatever) with 155cl 'implant' the same object as the sincere one?
We are often seduced by our 'honourable' members to buy the
carts they recommend but without any idea about the implication. Say, one just got the 7 (whatever) for a considerable amount of money and than discovere that he need to add the 155 cl stylus. I have seen one on ebay.com and thought that +/-$240 was for the 'whole cart' but, alas, only the stylus was listed. So my idea was that those 4 by Henry are not only 'abundant' but also second hand...

Regards,

Dear Banquo,
I have one 155Lc on the TK-3Ea and one on the TK-5Ea and one on the TK-7Ea as well as one on the AM-10s (on the Professor's advice).
Whist both the 3 and the 5 are improved with this transplant......the bigger bang I think.....because it is a more refined cartridge anyway.....is the 5.

Now the good news for our Baltic friend......is that he has no requirement for the 155Lc as I don't believe it fits in the TK-7E......only the TK-7Ea?
The Professor will surely correct me if that is not so?
The 'friendship challenge' remains on hold awaiting such confirmation? :~}
Dear Henry, 'our Baltic friend'? I thought that you and I are Slavic brothers. If however you confuse Balkans with the Slavic people there with the Baltic people than I can quess what kind of student you was. But you become architect so you abviously passed your college somehow. I myself passed math. because my dad was bank director while my math. theacher needed some loan. So no blame is intended. Regarding the carts involved. The TK 9 stylus is totally different than those of the 'lower ranking' ( pace Raul) but of those 'lower kind' all can be improved with 'your' 155 cl I think. The postfix 'E' by my Signet 7 means 'elliptical'. What 'Ea' means I have no idea but am sure that 155 cl will fit all 'lower kinds'. BTW there are no 'frindship challenges' but well jokes from both sides and even from 'some' third party with philosophical contribution of Aristoteles.

Regards,
Regards, Nandric: Nikola, apparently Henry holds you in such high esteem he wishes to spare you the frustration of finding the "E" and "Ea" styli are of different geometries.

If I remember correctly, the TK1Ea and TK3Ea were of lower inductance, 490 ohm. This may indicate, perhaps, a cantilever resonance with the .3 x .7 TKN3Ea stylus that the lower inductance moves out of the audible range. Boron, beryllium or "ruby" cantilevers also have this influence on audible resonance. The TK9/10 at 550 ohm, the TK7Ea/LCa at 580 ohm. Excepting the TK10ML, the TK7LCA provides the best specs in channel balance and separation, exceeding even that of our TK9LC. 33 dB separation/0.5dB balance as compared to 30dB/.75. For the TK10 ML, separation at 35dB, bal. within 0.5dB.

Apologies to Dgob for the previous thread drift but it might be observed that the TK1E (no "a") and the TK1Ea are both extremely "plasticy" carts. Plastic contributes to resonance and these carts may do best on a low mass arm where diminished rigidity permits the line transference of that resonance into the arm.

The TK3/5E & TK7E/SU, Signet states, were "listener tuned" to what we must remember were audio sensitivities which might be referred to as a "70's sound", more organic in their voicing. The relatively large cavities surrounding both the cart's generator and stylus grip have to be considered as, to some degree, contributing influences in the voicing of these examples.

Moving the discussion closer to previous topics, for the Acutex carts the Saturn V graphite integrated headshell is adjustable for both overhang and azimuth. Lacking Raul's immediate grasp of the subtle, I've not listened to it enough to be able to say more than it does make a difference in reducing the "microphony" of the Acutex carts.

Nikola, the Ortofon LH-8000 Japanese oak headshell dampens the intentionally(?) resonant qualities of the TK7E/SU without diminishing it's other attractive qualities. Henry has recently mentioned this headshell. As evidence of your great friendship, perhaps you might have more success in anticipating he'll send you the headshell (which you should appreciate in conjunction with your TK7E) rather than a stylus which for your application is incorrect?

Now, out of respect for Dgob shall we return to the discussion of, um, was it broccoli & pate?

Peace,