Glanz moving magnet cartridges

Hi,

I have just acquired an old Glanz G5 moving magnet cartridge. However, I cannot find out any details about this or the Glanz range or, even the company and its history.

Can anyone out there assist me in starting to piece together a full picture?

Any experiences with this or other Glanz's; web links; set up information etc would be warmly received. Surely someone knows something!

Thanks in hope
dgob
Dear Dgob: The only reason why I start my posts on the subject ( 01-27-10 ) was when you disclose ( after four months ) that the cartridge set up was off/out of target.

I only posted what my experiences were with a similar wrong overhang cartridges set up.

I don't/wasn't questioning the cartridge performance ( but its wrong set up. ) only give my opinion/experiences with similar set up.

I don't care and I'm not interested what a cartridge quality performance can or could be with a wrong cartridge set up.

You give several cartridge quality performance opinions knowing that the cartridge was out of target on set up but you don't tell to any one , you hide this critical/main information.

After this how any one can/could trust in what you post or posted?

I buy almost any vintage MM/MI that I not own so sooner or latter I will have a Glanz one as other additional cartridges.

Regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.
Raul,

Look, you and I have some obvious disagreements and you tend to interpret things in a very negative and small spirited way.

How and why did you find out that "hidden" fact - about my initial set-up?

I do dispair at times! I hide nothing and you seem to accuse others of what you must obviously be capable of. You need to reflect on our discourse over the years and move on.

I have just secured the pending arrival of the G7 (among other cartridges) and will see how well that performs. Given the near infinite combinations of cartridge and all aspects of the system I still think you are niave in constantly playing scoring games (against strangers or cartridges). All I can tell you is what I prefer and not the BEST. Take or leave it but do talk from experience, please!

Cheers
Dear Dgob: +++++ " How and why did you find that " hidden fact... " +++++

I don't you did in your last posts:

+++++ " 1, I was using the AP-300S, which did not quite meet the overhang.

2. I replaced it with my MC-A armwand which does. " +++++

Now: +++++ " I hide nothing and you seem to accuse others " +++++

I did not accuse you your own/self " facts "/posts accuse you.

Btw, I always speak by personal experiences and that's why I don't speak on Glanz quality performance.

Raul.
Hi all,

Anyone who wants to view this apparent concealment can trace my posts (including the initial ones on the MM/MI thread initiated by Raul. My posts on 09-10-09 and 09-26-09 there will give you a sense of the evolution of my listening etc). You might also be able to reflect on how and why he found this apparently dastardly fact out!!? I understand his disappointment on not knowing everything but he will have to get used to that as part-and-parcel of the human condition. Raul, just be pleased that I let you know about my set-up and look back to former threads on which I had noted (very clearly, my fastination with the plug and play approach that I was enjoying with the Glanz). To move on...

I'm awaiting the G7 and will let you know how it sounds once I've given it the months of testing that it takes for me to form an opinion.

I now have the Glanz G5 and my Astatic MF100 running at the same time. Strangely, the Astatic seems to be sounding better in my Morch DP6 green dot than it did in my other tone arms. I am now re-evaluating this in this setting and it is amazing how much difference different combinations can make.

As I constantly promised with my G5, I will let you all know when I have had time to test these and find my preferneces. If such an obvious maxim were needed for sane adults, beware that my set up, listening environment, life experiences with live music and related psychoacoustic preferences may not be the same as yours (or, as I believe the acronym goes, YMMV).

Thermonicavenger, have you had a chance to get your Glanz a stylus yet?

Cheers
Dear Dgob: IMHO I think that all those Glanz posts ( that I start on the subject. ) help at least two things: first that the cartridge is now mounted right on target where before my post was with a wrong set up, so this is a good news for you.
The other thing is that now you know that that headshell integrated cartridge does not works " automatic " with all tonearms.

It is clear that I'm not " your coup of tea " but even that IMHO my posts help ( one way or the other ) to go up in your audio learning curve.

Raul.