Esoteric K01: What are the best settings for CD?

The Esoteric K01 has several up-conversion and filter options for CD play-back. Unfortunately, each up-conversion option and each filter option requires approximately 500 hours of 'break-in' to sound it's best. I have owned the Esoteric K01 since it's release. It is a superb SACD and CD player. I have 'broken in' some but not all filter and up-conversion settings. I am still unable to decide which combination I like best. I am currently using S_DLY1 (for digital filter) and 2Fs (for up conversion). I would like to know what settings other Esoteric K01 owners like best. It would be helpful if If you can explain why those settings sound better to you than other combinations. I wonder which settings the experts at Esoteric/Teac would recommend?
matjet
Flashunlock,
Thanks for your detailed observations.
With regard to your various modifications, I guess you feel they would be worth it even as they would void the warranty.
Happy listening! Cheers!
Jon.
Jon2020,

My warranty has expired so no worries. Besides, Esoteric make their players like tanks and the mods done are reversible and YES they are well worth the effort IMO.

Cheers.
Flashunlock,
Appreciate the feedback, I could relate well to your Ruby DC experience..

Did test them also on friend's Scarlatti, Vivaldi, P01/D01vu, K01 (all different systems).
One thing in common though, with them feeding, we always noticed music flows with an
added uncanny analog-like sense of ease (liquidity, with nice 'humanly' tone), as well,
unbelievable authority ~ A combination of goodness which we all found endearing.

*Do try to give the Empress DC ic a go on your K01 > Evo2 and I believe you'll be in for
another real treat. In my system, they complemented the Ruby DCs really really well..
Enjoy!
Bvdiman,

I've owned the Siltech Empress DC XLR interconnects with the K-01 which replaced the Tara Labs Zero Gold at the time and when Crystal cables introduced their top flight Absolute dream, the Empress DC was sold straight away. It is that much better IMO.

Cheers.
Flashunlock,
I've had lengthy trial of Crystal AD Ic as well, while I wouldn't say that one is much better over the other, in my system, the Empress DC stayed for sure. ;)

Both are great, more to do with system synergy and also that 'loom' thing going on I think. Basically, I'm now running all DC wires, substituting any one link with another make, esp.Pc (hence using four Ruby DCs currently) breaks some of its harmonious spell, sounding a tad disjointed.

IME, harder to evaluate/assess wire by pieces, better to do it in loom, and possibly over longer periods. I'd be looking at their (Crystal AD's) Pc and Sc too if you so found their Ic to work extremely well in your system. Good luck.
Regards.