Which cleaning solution do you use in you RCM?

I've tried RRL, L'Art du Son. Read good things about Audio Intelligent, Mint LP. Has anyone used these and compared differences?
hiendmuse
I love the Audio Intelligent the best so far, over RRL and MOFI. It's just made my records quieter. Can't comment on the static factor. I use the #15 and then their water rinse. They do have a 3 step, but that and the Walker 4 step would prevent me from cleaning at all.
One thing, do not put anything in your path that prevents you from using your RCM, or table for that matter. I learned that from the great Gene Rubin years ago.
Compared to my experience with Audio Intelligent,Disc Doctor & VPI fluids, Walker Prelude is best by a very noticeable degree. I hear improvements on LPs that were cleaned with AI. Also, I find that Walker Prelude is fast, even though there are 4 steps. Each step is fast. With AI, I had to leave the enzymatic solution on far longer to get it to be effective. I am no scientist, but perhaps there is merit to the idea of mixing the enzyme powder w/water fresh each time you use it, as I do now with Walker Prelude. Cheers,
Spencer
STEAM! Followed by a little AI rinse. I am finding that with steam cleaning there is very little if any need for an enzyme cleaner.
Walker Audio Prelude gets my vote. Despite the fact that I use a thread based RCM, and the Walker product is a four step process (making for 8 passes per LP), the results are worth it. My LP collection is large and has a very high sentimental as well as intrinsic value. The results are well worth the time and effort. Once a record has been cleaned with all 4 steps, it is only a matter of the occasional step 4 rinse to keep them at their best. I also use the Walker Talisman before each spin.
Hiendmuse, I can understand your desires to garner opinions, and perhaps bypss lengthy, and also costly experimentation.

But, as you can already see, by the few responses, you'll have as many answers, as there are posters. And no two seem to indentically agree on anything! This is just one of those sort of topics, where there are too many variables invloved, too many blanket staements, no real testing to back up claims, and then lastly, to what degree-level do you wish to persue cleanliness? And as well, to what level-degree does you equipment achieve?

Asking (forcing would be a better word) Rushton to go back to a mediocre DIY, with the quality of front end, and the desired quality of playback he wishes to achive, would be like asking a prime steak lover to substitute instead, a can of spam for dinner.

Not that the products you have tried are not good, they are, but I do believe others here have shelled out the moohla, done the lengthy experimentation, and when they say products such as Walker Prelude, and AIVS products have no peer, I believe them.

These products didn't get to be highly regarded award winning products by "magic", or "luck". Much testing, research, miscroscopic analysis, beta testing, and a strict adherence to consistency make these products what they are.

And what I believe they are, are two of the finest record cleaning products that have ever been designed, and manufactured.

I believe both Walker, and AIVS, to get the full benefit of such products, should be used in thier either 3, or 4 step processes to achieve the very best results. If you skip a step, either of those products will lose thier synergistic effectiveness.

There are good one step cleaners available today, but the industry has basically recognized that different formulas handle different tasks, and address the different common contaminants found on records.

As has been mentioned a long time ago, by some well informed posters here (justin_time comes to mind) that certain cleaners, whether DIY, or Commercial may sometimes contain certain ingredients that are not desireable upon a record. As he so smartly recognized, all one is then doing, is adding just another form of contaminantion-residues upon the grooves.

We as end users, have little to rely upon, as far as laboratory testing equipment to confirm what Walker, or AIVS find with thier testing, but we do have one thing going for us, our ears!

From the two products I previously mention, I feel that you can not go wrong using either one, and that you will find them to be considerably superior to the products you have already sampled. Hope this helps, MarkD