Feelings on the Music Hall MMF 7.1

Just curious as to what your thoughts are on this table? In the price range it looks to be a pretty decent rig. Any big drawbacks I'm missing?
silvergsx
I haven't seen the new mmf-7.1 but from the photographs of the turntable (located at the Music Hall web site), the tonearm doesn't look like the Pro-Ject 9cc. The tonearm in the high-res image appears to have a separate headshell from the arm tube, which was how the earlier 9c tonearm was built. The descriptions of the mmf-7.1 don't clearly say which Pro-Ject tonearm is included so it may be that Music Hall is still using the 9c tonearm. What's funny is that the picture of the mmf-7.1 on the Music Hall website isn't even the mmf-7.1, it's an earlier mmf-7 with the Pro-Ject 9 aluminum tonearm.

Before making a conclusion about the tonearm, though, I'd ask a dealer about it. Music Hall may not have updated its web site to show the latest tonearm model being supplied with the mmf-7.1.

Regards,
Tom
Can anyone tell me the diameter of the 7.1 motor and its height to where the belt hits the platter? Can you use a thread belt with it? Is the belt round? I'm looking for a Well Tempered Record Player round motor but may have to settle for something like this.
Gvoth, the dimensions of the mmf-7 motor are as follows:

motor housing diameter - ~80mm
pulley height above motor housing - ~8.5mm
pulley height above shelf surface - ~87mm
pulley diameter - ~26mm (diameter at groove surface)
pulley groove width - 1.5mm (accomodates a 1.5mm square belt)
pulley shaft diameter - ~2mm (couldn't actually measure the pulley shaft without removing the pulley)

I think you'd have to find a different pulley to use with a string belt. I think a string would just slip around the pulley. The pulley height could be adjusted if the new pulley had a set screw.