gcph phono stage gain settings

i just bought a ps audio gcph and i'm using it with an mm cartridge that is rated at 3.3mV (clearaudio virtuoso). i have to have the input gain on the back panel turned all the way up to 66, the highest setting, to get decent volume, and even then i have to have the output gain knob on the front of the unit turned to 1 o'clock. this goes against what the manual says, namely that for mm cartridges the input gain on the back should be at the lowest setting.

i'm concerned that if i ever get an mc cartridge with 1/10 the output of my current cartridge, the gcph will not be able to handle it.

does anyone with a gcph and an mm cartridge need to turn the input gain to the highest setting? what are your experiences?

thanks in advance!
tanglewood
Viridian
this box has only 4 settings: 47k, 1k, 500ohm and 100ohm. I guess that should settle it in any case, as there is NO 47ohm.
yes, i meant 47k.

to my knowledge, b-stock refers to units that were demos, or units that were used and then returned by customers for whatever reason. if the unit wasn't working properly, then it is refurbished. the units are sold "as new" which means they come with a full warranty.
Thanks Tanglewood
and by the way, you'll have to fork out plenty more $$$ before you will better that GCPH.
So far only going with a decent tube job could I see some 'affordable' possible improvement. Example is my son's EAR 864P (but second hand only).