I need a turntable, only have $450 to spare...

More than likely used. I haven't had a turntable since when I was in Germany in 1989 when I had a Denon 37F but I still have my 392 count vinyl collection. I've searched and read plenty of things but they were always with a larger budget. My budget will grow (hopefully!) in the future but I need something to get me along now as I plugged my Teac X-1000r over the weekend and it reminded me how good analog sounds.
My noisemaker goes as follows: CEC 3300R cd player, tube DAC-68, Adcom GFP-750 preamp, 2 Adcom 545 amps biamped to a pair of Wharfedale diamond 9.6 speakers, Dayton interconnects and homebrew power cables. In anticipation to my future TT purchase I got a Bellari VP-130, new but open box. With my current equipment and what I have to spend I'm not expecting a masterpiece BUT I don't want a $99 piece of junk either, just something that I can play for a while and be happy. I understand it may need to have the belt replaced, cartridge. Musically I'm all over the map but mostly Jazz (Monk, Marsalis, Coltrane) and Brit Wave (Joy Division, OMD, Smiths). Where should I start?
mtandrews
$199 for a restored 721 sounds like a bargain. I lusted for that table when it was released in the '70s but it was too expensive.

Wendell
Very nice, I took a look and you got a fine deal. Good luck and hope all is weel. Report back on how it's working out for you.
721 arrived today(!), I can't get over how clean and unused it looks. And Jb0194 thanks a million, you were right about the RCA's, they just plugged onto a board. Easy swap, the original are mighty thin, I had to "manipulate" my much thicker Dayton Audio's in the hole but all is well. The Shure V-15 III looks to be actually glued to the TK-24 (holes for screws but no screws!) and I'm scared to pry on it. I guess I'll have to buy another TK-24 or it's replacement to mount my Ortofon 2M blue that I bought with the dough I saved. Can't wait to hear it, I gotta learn how to post pictures here so I can "show it off!" :-)
Glued in? You can pretty much count on the alignment not being correct.

Wendell
Greetings: The V15t111 is perhaps the cartridge supplied with your Dual. The Shure, as well as several Ortophon cartridges were offered from the manufacturer. If so, the Shure was aligned and glued to the cartridge carrier at the factory, and will probably be spot-on. Although the cartridge will release fairly easily, glue residue will remain on the carrier and is not as easy to clean up as it would be to replace the stylus and enjoy the option.