Record Cleaning Machine RCM

My present vinyl collection consists of about 100 LPs. On average, I purchase about 3-5 new LPs per year when the annual HI-FI Show comes to town. I've always purchased new with the odd purchase coming from friends for mint condition used LPs. My analog set-up is a VPI Scoutmaster.

I've read some very positive comments concerning the benefits of using a RCM and I'm serioulsy considering purchasing one.

For the money, I'm looking at the VPI HW-16.5 but I've read posts where people are complaining about how hot the unit gets due to the lack of a cooling fan while others have complainted about the noise. Should I be concerned?

My next choice up would be the VPI HW-17 but this unit costs about 2.5x more.

Suggestions / comments?
agiaccio
VPI 16.5 = manual cleaning
VPI 17 = automatic cleaning
Both remove fluids via a vacuum wand.
handwashing = disappointment

Before we resort to snark and sarcasm, we should all be on the same page with terminology.

Eric
No snark and sarcasm? What fun is that?

You make a good point and when Bill refers to manual cleaning he is not meaning to not use a vacuum to remove the fluid.

Wendell
VPI 16.5 = manual cleaning
VPI 17 = automatic cleaning
Both remove fluids via a vacuum wand.
handwashing = disappointment

Before we resort to snark and sarcasm, we should all be on the same page with terminology.

Eric
I think Bill calls "manual" as an rcm that one must rotate the record yourself, versus "automatic" which the rcm rotates and vacuums. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Did you consider the new machine from Gläss Audiodesk - the Vinyl Cleaner. It works perfectly with a very good cleaning result. And it is for lazy boys...